Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 06:13 AM   #151
Katdragon
Connoisseur
Katdragon began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo (currently out of commission), Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme View Post
Have you actually used collections on your Kindle before?
Ah, that'd be my problem
I'll go and create a fake file and come back to let you know how it goes!

Edit: Wooohoo! It's all working now .
Thanks for the help and especially for making this plugin!

Last edited by Katdragon; 02-11-2011 at 06:17 AM.
Old 02-11-2011, 06:45 AM   #152
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katdragon View Post
Ah, that'd be my problem
I'll go and create a fake file and come back to let you know how it goes!

Edit: Wooohoo! It's all working now .
Thanks for the help and especially for making this plugin!
Great to hear. You don't actually need to have the collections.json file already existing to use the plugin - but its worth being sure you don't delete anything you might need.
Old 02-11-2011, 09:49 AM   #153
Rie142
Rie142 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynaevelan View Post
When you set up the plugin to create your tags, are you sure the only option checked is the tags field??
Tried it and it didn't help. I still ended up with Tags that I don't have in my tags list. Lots of them. It is interesting. Oh well.
Old 02-11-2011, 11:17 AM   #154
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rie142 View Post
Tried it and it didn't help. I still ended up with Tags that I don't have in my tags list. Lots of them. It is interesting. Oh well.
In the plugin configuration menu, the only thing selected is the tags? Can you post a copy of your log file of the collections that are created?
Old 02-11-2011, 02:12 PM   #155
msr
msr began at the beginning.

Quote:
Always good to put an example in that doesn't work

You need to put a "\" before the "[" and the "]" since the brackets are special regex pattern characters, so use "\[.*\]".

I've updated the examples, added a note on patterns, and a tooltip in the GUI about it. Patterns can be confusing - but to get their benefit also means some confusion.
Actually, I tried that and it still didn't work (forgot to add that to the original post). I tried it with quotes, without quotes, with backslashes, without them. I don't think it's escaping the brackets correctly.
Old 02-11-2011, 02:22 PM   #156
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msr View Post
Actually, I tried that and it still didn't work (forgot to add that to the original post). I tried it with quotes, without quotes, with backslashes, without them. I don't think it's escaping the brackets correctly.
Can you post the top part of the collection report - before the books are shown.
Old 02-11-2011, 04:04 PM   #157
nephtys59
nephtys59 began at the beginning.

Device: Android Tablet
Wow, this plugin is wonderful! After trying separate softwares which were so buggy, it's fantastic to have a plugin like this and use only Calibre for everything!
Thanks for creating it, I'm really happy how it works!
Old 02-11-2011, 04:26 PM   #158
purple mink
purple mink began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3 Wi-Fi
Still getting the same "buffer" errors in version 1.32 in Calibre version 7.4.5
Old 02-11-2011, 05:03 PM   #159
meme
Sigil developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple mink View Post
Still getting the same "buffer" errors in version 1.32 in Calibre version 7.4.5
Hmmm. Can you run it in debug mode? (easiest way is to use the gui method mentioned in the first post so it displays the file after you exit calibre).

Then you should be able to scan the output from the top to see which book is causing a problem.

Can you post the error messages again, in case the line numbers changed/etc. It would be interesting to have the last book processed as well if its not an issue with you.
Old 02-11-2011, 05:11 PM   #160
meme
Sigil developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nephtys59 View Post
Wow, this plugin is wonderful! After trying separate softwares which were so buggy, it's fantastic to have a plugin like this and use only Calibre for everything!
Thanks for creating it, I'm really happy how it works!
Thanks !

Welcome to Mobileread, its a great place.
Old 02-11-2011, 06:23 PM   #161
Rie142

Quote:
Originally Posted by nynaevelan View Post
In the plugin configuration menu, the only thing selected is the tags? Can you post a copy of your log file of the collections that are created?
Yes All that is selected on the configuration menu is tags.

I only use 23 different Tags in Calibre. . . So I must need to change some settings but I don't know where and what.

Is this what you wanted. . .

============ Create Kindle Collections Preview Report ============

Never delete or overwrite Kindle collections matching these patterns:

Preserve existing Kindle collections not updated by Calibre:
True

Ignore prefix when checking if Kindle and Calibre collections are the same:
True

Ignore case when pattern matching:
True

Include Calibre columns:

tags
Prefix: -
Minimum: 2
Ignore:
Include:

Preview of creating collections on the Kindle (no collections updated during preview run):

Collection Current After if run Changes if run
---------- ------- ------------ --------------
-A - 16 books New collection would be created on Kindle
-B - 46 books New collection would be created on Kindle
-Christian - Suspense - 2 books New collection would be created on Kindle
-FIC009020 - 2 books New collection would be created on Kindle
-Fantasy - 2 books New collection would be created on Kindle
-Fic - Rom 5 books 4 books Calibre collection would replace Kindle collection (exact match)
-Fiction - 2 books New collection would be created on Kindle
-Humor - 2 books New collection would be created on Kindle
-JAG 5 books 5 books Calibre collection would replace Kindle collection (exact match)
-Kris Longknife 3 books 3 books Kindle collection would be kept (preserve Kindle-only set to true)
-Mom - 7 books New collection would be created on Kindle
-Mys - M 8 books 8 books Calibre collection would replace Kindle collection (exact match)
-Mys - W 15 books 15 books Calibre collection would replace Kindle collection (exact match)
-O - 19 books New collection would be created on Kindle
-Old Book - 3 books New collection would be created on Kindle
-Old 4 books 4 books Calibre collection would replace Kindle collection (exact match)
-SMUTTY 4 books 4 books Calibre collection would replace Kindle collection (exact match)
-SciFi - Fan - 28 books New collection would be created on Kindle
-SciFi - Mil - 17 books New collection would be created on Kindle
-SciFi - Sp Op - 7 books New collection would be created on Kindle
-SciFi - Sp War - 2 books New collection would be created on Kindle
-SciFi - 22 books New collection would be created on Kindle
-Science Fiction - Fantasy - 11 books New collection would be created on Kindle
-Science Fiction - Military - 7 books New collection would be created on Kindle
-Science Fiction - Space Opera - 5 books New collection would be created on Kindle
-Science Fiction - 7 books New collection would be created on Kindle
-Science fiction - 10 books New collection would be created on Kindle
-SiFi - Fan 32 books 32 books Calibre collection would replace Kindle collection (exact match)
-SiFi - Para - 2 books New collection would be created on Kindle
-SiFi - Sp Op 28 books 28 books Calibre collection would replace Kindle collection (exact match)
-Sifi - SMUTTY 5 books 5 books Calibre collection would replace Kindle collection (exact match)
-Sifi 33 books 8 books Calibre collection would replace Kindle collection (exact match)
-Spiritual 2 books 2 books Calibre collection would replace Kindle collection (exact match)
-Suspense & Thrillers 3 books 3 books Calibre collection would replace Kindle collection (exact match)
-Xtian - Fic 4 books 5 books Calibre collection would replace Kindle collection (exact match)
-Xtian - Mys 2 books 2 books Calibre collection would replace Kindle collection (exact match)
-Xtian - Rom 3 books 3 books Kindle collection would be kept (preserve Kindle-only set to true)
-Xtian - Sus 2 books 2 books Calibre collection would replace Kindle collection (exact match)
-Xtion - His 2 books 2 books Calibre collection would replace Kindle collection (exact match)
-book - 5 books New collection would be created on Kindle
-ebook - 5 books New collection would be created on Kindle
-humor - 4 books New collection would be created on Kindle
-sm - 41 books New collection would be created on Kindle
_Agatha Raisin 3 books 3 books Kindle collection would be kept (preserve Kindle-only set to true)
_Chaos Chronicles 3 books 3 books Kindle collection would be kept (preserve Kindle-only set to true)
_Heirs of Alexandra Series 3 books 3 books Kindle collection would be kept (preserve Kindle-only set to true)
_Looking Glass 4 books 4 books Kindle collection would be kept (preserve Kindle-only set to true)
_Lt. Leary Series 6 books 6 books Kindle collection would be kept (preserve Kindle-only set to true)
_Navy Justice 5 books 5 books Kindle collection would be kept (preserve Kindle-only set to true)
_Nomadin Series 3 books 3 books Kindle collection would be kept (preserve Kindle-only set to true)
_Pip and Flinx Series 6 books 6 books Kindle collection would be kept (preserve Kindle-only set to true)
_Posleen War Series 11 books 11 books Kindle collection would be kept (preserve Kindle-only set to true)
_Rogue Hunter: Gaia 3 books 3 books Kindle collection would be kept (preserve Kindle-only set to true)
_The Chaos Chronicles 4 books 4 books Kindle collection would be kept (preserve Kindle-only set to true)
_The Paladin of Shadows series 5 books 5 books Kindle collection would be kept (preserve Kindle-only set to true)
_Warp Speed 4 books 4 books Kindle collection would be kept (preserve Kindle-only set to true)

Report file: c:\users\rie142\appdata\local\temp\Create Kindle Collections_report.txt
Calibre data file: F:\metadata.calibre
Kindle Collections file: F:\system\collections.json
Plugin customization file: C:\Users\Rie142\AppData\Roaming\calibre\plugins\Cr eate Kindle Collections.json
Old 02-11-2011, 06:54 PM   #162
meme
Sigil developer

Well, it looks like you have a mix of Calibre collections using tags, and items on the Kindle, so it seems to be working as intended. You could use debug mode to see for each book why its creating a collection. If you don't want the Kindle collections, you can manually delete them, or uncheck Preserve Kindle only - but be sure you want this before doing it!
Old 02-11-2011, 09:53 PM   #163
Rie142

Quote:
Well, it looks like you have a mix of Calibre collections using tags, and items on the Kindle, so it seems to be working as intended. You could use debug mode to see for each book why its creating a collection. If you don't want the Kindle collections, you can manually delete them, or uncheck Preserve Kindle only - but be sure you want this before doing it!
Yes it is working but what I would like to know is WHY it is making collections from tags that I don't even have or use. I will eventually figure it out.

It looks to work so well for everyone.

for all the help.
Old 02-12-2011, 12:04 AM   #164
ElizabethN
reader, ebook junkie
ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: droid, kindle, kobo, eslick, sony
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rie142 View Post
Yes it is working but what I would like to know is WHY it is making collections from tags that I don't even have or use. I will eventually figure it out.

It looks to work so well for everyone.

for all the help.
Some amazon books come with tags preloaded; is there a chance that the plugin is picking those up?

if you're in device library on calibre, highlight a book and do a right click (on a windows mouse) to get to the context menu, the option to add a book to library will be there. it may be worth checking to see if any of those unwanted tags came from that source.

when added to the main library, associated tags from amazon should show up as well in calibre's tag field.

Last edited by ElizabethN; 02-12-2011 at 12:05 AM. Reason: forgot last line
Old 02-12-2011, 12:34 AM   #165
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
I have an interesting situation that may or may not be related to what's happening with the previous poster.

I updated to the most recent version of the plugin. This was the first chance I've had to take the GUI for a spin (and it's SWEET!). I backed up my collections, fired up calibre and looked it over. I realized that the simplest way to preserve the collection my games were in was to take out any calibre managed content and remove that tag from calibre so it would be a "Kindle only" collection.

So, I made the changes. As a result, I no longer had an "Active Content" tag in calibre, hence, no more "Active Content" collection managed by calibre, right? Wrong. Even though I pushed the new metadata by removing and re-adding a book to the Kindle (and checking the timestamp), the plugin overwrote the collection on the Kindle, kicking out my games. I thought, okay, maybe I need to get tough with it, so I moved my games to a "Games" collection, then deleted the "Active Content" collection and moved the remainder files in with the games for the sake of the exercise (the other two files were my clippings.txt and that Books of the Web thing. Note: BOTH of these items had not only been untagged in calibre, they were DELETED from calibre and existed only on the device.

For extra measure, I ejected the Kindle, restarted calibre and reconnected the Kindle, checked to make sure the new metadata file was pushed (it was, time stamp was that minute), ran a "preview" with the plugin. Same results. An "Active Content" collection was (re)created, and those two files were put in it, even though they were no longer even in my calibre library.

Somehow, somewhere, the metadata isn't getting fully updated or something. Even after much fiddling (including putting three new books into calibre and transferring those to the Kindle) it still thinks that I have those two files in calibre and the metadata that was attached to them. I finally gave up and simply deleted the (now redundant) collection from the Kindle.

Every other thing is 100% correct. New books added went into the correct collections, my other Kindle-only collections were untouched. I didn't save the text file, unfortunately, but I will try to recreate it tomorrow, though I don't think it will show anything that I haven't already covered.

The reason I think it could be related to the previous poster is because of the extra tags - they may no longer be in their library because they cleaned them up after import, but it seems possible they may be in the metadata file getting pushed to the Kindle since I've got at least one tag and two files that won't surrender and die.

This is seemingly an issue with that metadata file, not the plugin, and tomorrow if I don't have a headache I will crack open that file and look for the culprits. Perhaps a little library maintenance will fix the problem. I will report back with the results, as it may help someone else who has "mystery collections" popping up.
Closed Thread