Notices

Old 12-20-2008, 03:43 PM   #1
ashadocat
ashadocat began at the beginning.

Device: sony 505
Error converting cbr files

I'm getting this error when I try to convert cbr files
Job: **redacted**
**tuple**: ('RuntimeError', u'Failed to load ImageMagick')
**Traceback**:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/kovid/work/calibre/src/calibre/parallel.py", line 935, in worker
File "/home/kovid/work/calibre/src/calibre/parallel.py", line 893, in work
File "/home/kovid/work/calibre/src/calibre/ebooks/lrf/comic/convert_from.py", line 395, in do_convert
File "/home/kovid/work/calibre/src/calibre/ebooks/lrf/comic/convert_from.py", line 257, in process_pages
RuntimeError: Failed to load ImageMagick

**Log**:
Archive: /tmp/calibre_0.4.117_6xKgHK.cbr
Found comic pages...
redacted - 00.jpg
redacted - 49.jpg
('RuntimeError', u'Failed to load ImageMagick')
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/kovid/work/calibre/src/calibre/parallel.py", line 935, in worker
File "/home/kovid/work/calibre/src/calibre/parallel.py", line 893, in work
File "/home/kovid/work/calibre/src/calibre/ebooks/lrf/comic/convert_from.py", line 395, in do_convert
File "/home/kovid/work/calibre/src/calibre/ebooks/lrf/comic/convert_from.py", line 257, in process_pages
RuntimeError: Failed to load ImageMagick

I'm running 64bit ubuntu, newest version of calibre 0.4.117 and synaptic reports I have imagemagick installed, help
ashadocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 01:05 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Try using the binary installer.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2008, 02:30 PM   #3
ashadocat

I am using the binary as trying to use the ubuntu installer gave me this error

{'__file__':setup_script, '__name__':'__main__'}
File "setup.py", line 52, in <module>
File "/tmp/easy_install-bgWNcs/calibre-0.4.117/pyqtdistutils.py", line 15, in <module>
ImportError: cannot import name pyqtconfig

the installer worked fine.
Old 12-21-2008, 03:36 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ah the binary installer doesn't have a bundled imagemagick, try installing a 32 bit version of image magick.
Old 12-21-2008, 05:54 PM   #5
ashadocat

I'm afraid I don't have the skill to do this unaided. are you planning to fix it in the next release? I can probably wait. I'm not getting my reader until Christmas anyway.
Advert
Old 12-21-2008, 06:16 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Unfortunately imagemagick has too many dependencies to include in the binary installer easily. Ask on the ubuntu forums, i'm sure this issue has come up before.