Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-27-2011, 08:43 AM   #1
harpangel36
Connoisseur
harpangel36 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Do I need these 2 files to hack?

I am installing the hacks on my K3 running v.3.3. Do I need to install the 2 files below? I'm not sure what they are or if I need them.
File Type: zip kindle-usbnetwork-0.35.N.zip (4.06 MB, 856 views)
File Type: gz kindle-x-compile-tc.tar.gz (12.3 KB, 156 views)

Thanks for all the help from this forum!
harpangel36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 09:25 AM   #2
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
You aren't just throwing things on your kindle as if they were bumper stickers, are you? Always be sure to know what you are installing and why. Never just take a collection of files and install them blindly. Read about a certain hack, understand what it does and check its requirements. E.g. some of them will explicitly mention that they need USB networking for something. And _then_ you know why you need it.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2011, 09:29 AM   #3
harpangel36
Connoisseur
harpangel36 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
U0007 Message!

Thanks for your quick reply. No, I saw the download options but didn't know what they were so I decided to ask. But in regards to the hack for s and fonts, I did download and install them (first JB then SS) but I get a message update unsuccessful U0007!! Can you tell me what to do?
harpangel36 is offline   Reply With Quote