Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 10-26-2007, 11:00 AM   #16
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
Is minimo itself still responding? If not, this is the usual way for the iLiad to hang (i.e. with a frozen screen image) - all you need do is press the reset button on the back and then turn the machine back on.
Thanks for the tip wallcraft. I am very well aware of that. What i find irritating is, that the iLiad does not seem to hang. When i exit the application, i can see the pagebar changing, and i seem to be able to change pages and everything seems to work underneath. Just the framebuffer does not seem to get updated with new information, but leaves me with the nice but not that nice image of the minimo.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 11:43 AM   #17
nkelle
Trainee bricked one Iliad
nkelle began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iliad ER0100 soft 2.12
Hmm,
Connection Manager doesn´t work (also my previous one from dillo doesn´t) only the wireless-101107-PL does his job now..

Minimo seems to refresh faster/better viewable
nkelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2007, 12:04 PM   #18
templario
Connoisseur
templario began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad
It happens to me the same as tribble, it doesnt hang, but you can´t see anything but the minimo screen. If i remove the cf card, then i can see the content lister again.
templario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 12:22 PM   #19
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
This may sound like a stupid question, but are you sure you're choosing "Quit" from the menu on the upper left (there's not an icon for the menu, just blank space).

I haven't see anything like this in my testing. Is minimo still running? What happens when you use the pagebar?
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 12:35 PM   #20
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
Quitting works. I just used one of the upper left iLiad buttons before.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2007, 12:50 PM   #21
templario
Connoisseur
templario began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad
Yes, it works, i didn´t know that the menu was there. Thanks for the tip, and thanks for the browser.
templario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 01:15 PM   #22
emkay
Zealot
emkay began at the beginning.

Looks good Adam.
I installed it to my iLiad's internal memory instead of my CF card by mistake. Is there an uninstall procedure, or can I just delete the Programs folder? (There's nothing else in there.)
By the way, I've found using a connection script which bypasses the iLiad connectionManager to be *much* quicker and more reliable for connecting the net.
emkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 01:20 PM   #23
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by emkay View Post
Looks good Adam.
I installed it to my iLiad's internal memory instead of my CF card by mistake. Is there an uninstall procedure, or can I just delete the Programs folder? (There's nothing else in there.)
By the way, I've found using a connection script which bypasses the iLiad connectionManager to be *much* quicker and more reliable for connecting the net.
This installer shouldn't have a problem on the internal memory. There is no uninstaller, as it would remove all of the html viewer files.

If you want to reinstall to the memory card, delete the _local and Programs folder on your internal memory, and run the installer again on your card.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:40 PM   #24
emkay
Zealot
emkay began at the beginning.

OK, thanks.
emkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 06:36 PM   #25
nkelle
Trainee bricked one Iliad
nkelle began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iliad ER0100 soft 2.12
Is there somebody else who´s unable to use the bookmark function?
(Have read somewhere outside this forum that it don´t exist/work generally??)

As a replacement I´ve copied my PC-bookmarks.html to iliad
and use the file:///place.where.is.my.bookmarks.html
command..

Any better ideas?

greets
nkelle

Last edited by nkelle; 10-26-2007 at 08:30 PM.
nkelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 09:39 AM   #26
Boris
Enthusiast
Boris began at the beginning.

Device: Tablet PC, a broken Iliad V2
nkelle,
Thanks for you answer
Adam B.
Cheers for the browser it rocks

Boris
Boris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 08:13 AM   #27
o_parallos
o_parallos began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad v2
Installed it and it looks fabulous. 2 things on usability though, noted from my working experience with Dillo. a) Is it possible to bind iLiad's NextPg/PrevPg (that vertical silver bar on iLiad's left side - dunno the official page) to PgUp/PgDown in minimo? b) in Dillo it's possible to move a page simply by dragging the pen on iLiad's screen.
Is there an easy way to implement these 2 features which imo are a life/time savier and so much usable?
thx again
o_parallos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 09:16 AM   #28
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting

Using the page bar may be possible in the future, I'll have to test some things and update the installer. I don't believe that dragging the pen will be possible though. I'm just working off of iRex's build of minimo. So I can't modify the internal code.
Old 10-28-2007, 11:17 AM   #29
jharker
Developer
jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: iRex iLiad v1, Blackberry Tour, Kindle DX, iPad.
Really nice work, I enjoy being able to check my email from my iLiad! I have a couple of questions/bugs, though...
  1. Is there a way to make the UI bigger? The scrollbar and menus are so small, it's difficult to tap on them accurately. I know there's a menu-based "zoom" function, but while the text zoom works, the UI zoom doesn't do anything.
  2. Currently, Minimo likes to draw pages with width wider than the screen, which means I have to pan left/right a lot. Any way to make it draw pages by default to the width of the screen? I know not every page can be resized, but it doesn't seem to do any resizing...
Anyway, I really appreciate this one!

Just out of curiosity, is there any reason we can't just use the Minimo source to port the "real" Minimo to the iLiad? Then we could edit the code however we want...
jharker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 11:22 AM   #30
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting

The UI is controlled by the files in the chrome directory. You could probably edit those to make everything larger.

I don't think this build of minimo has this ability. Probably one of the newer builds do.

I've tried building minimo in the past from Mozilla source, but it segfaulted on me every time I tried to run it. Maybe someone else might have a bit more luck...