Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 08-20-2007, 03:05 PM   #16
radleyp
Evangelist
radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle Global, iphone4, ipad
Fine, but the picture is 7" tall and that's much taller than the iphone (almost twice the height of my Q!). It's just another example of this incredible hype surrounding the iphone: I suppose Google just wants you to think that when you sit down to read, you suddenly have a 7" screen, but then when you are using it as a phone it comes back down to its real size.
radleyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 03:18 PM   #17
andym
Groupie
andym has learned how to read e-booksandym has learned how to read e-booksandym has learned how to read e-booksandym has learned how to read e-booksandym has learned how to read e-booksandym has learned how to read e-booksandym has learned how to read e-books

radleyp - the pixel size of the screenshot is correct: the final size on your screen is going to depend on your monitor settings. I'm guessing your monitor is set to a pretty low resolution. The screenshot is about 3 inches on my screen. So far as I know Google haven't found a way to control your monitor settings.
andym is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-20-2007, 03:21 PM   #18
radleyp
Evangelist
radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle Global, iphone4, ipad
Ah, thanks for info, I didn't realize that.
radleyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 03:36 PM   #19
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
I remember back when video projectors first came out (~97), I had a manager who kept telling me that he wanted to "see a 17-inch monitor" projected on one. I tried several times to explain that it was a function of resolution, not physical screen size, and he never did get it.

It's a twitchy concept, until you grasp it (everything's simpler once you already understand it ), seems to me like you understood it pretty quickly and without much explanation, radleyp.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 04:27 PM   #20
Liviu_5
Books and more books
Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: Nook Color, Itouch, Nokia770, Sony 650, Sony 700(dead), Ebk(given)
Finally they talked about this today on CNBC with the reporters being skeptical about the impact.
Liviu_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert