Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-02-2010, 06:22 PM   #61
Kolenka
<Insert Wit Here>
Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I'm looking at the 950 maybe. If it's also using the Pearl screen and no touch layer, then it would be a really nice size.
Photo 28 (last one on row 4) shows off the 900 vs the 950. The 950 is thinner, and does have all the new touch tech in the other two models.

http://www.engadget.com/photos/sony-...tions-hands-on

I still have to see one in person, but so far I've gotta say they addressed my own complaints about the previous lineup pretty much exactly how I would have hoped they would (ignoring any price concerns).

That the 950 is supposed to be lighter and use the same style cover as the 600/650 and 300/350 is a huge win as well. I'm having trouble deciding if I should just grab one of the smaller/cheaper models or wait for the 950 myself.
Kolenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 06:33 PM   #62
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
The have them out on display in the Columbus, Ohio Sony Style, but not available for purchase yet. They offer to pre-order them on the website for you.

I told them I wasn't willing to pay interest on impatience!
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2010, 08:53 PM   #63
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxx6166 View Post
I just called mine to save a trip. They had to put me on hold for a few minutes and came back to tell me they won't have the display or the inventory for another "two to three weeks"

So much for available immediately

The second store I called told me that they will have their stock on the 15th or 16th.

JSWolf, any luck at yours?
I'll know tomorrow. I don't need to bother to call as I'll be near enough to stop in and have a look.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 01:39 PM   #64
thymaster
Zealot
thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Kobo Aura Edition 2
My order was changed from 17th to 24th. I'm starting to lose patience with Sony.
thymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 04:07 PM   #65
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Apparent;y950 has the same unconventional screen size ratio as 900.
Pity
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2010, 04:23 PM   #66
SkyDream
Wizard
SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.

Device: PRS-650, iPod touch 4G, iPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I'll know tomorrow. I don't need to bother to call as I'll be near enough to stop in and have a look.
Lucky you
SkyDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 10:40 PM   #67
Shotsy
Shotsy began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-350
I received my PRS-350 yesterday. The manual states 3 hours via usb, and it has been over 6 hours and it's still charging. Sony support via chat was totally worthless. I am debating about exchanging it via Sony Store on-line or obtaining a refund. Its a great size, quick but concerned about future problems considering the problem I am having now.
Shotsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 10:42 PM   #68
viviena
Evangelist
viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Currently Kobo Clara HD and Aura One, iPad
Have you tried charging it via a different USB port? I always have to plug both my Kobo and my Sony into the back USB ports of the desktop tower, for example, as the front ones don't provide enough power.
viviena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 10:44 PM   #69
Shotsy
Shotsy began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by viviena View Post
Have you tried charging it via a different USB port? I always have to plug both my Kobo and my Sony into the back USB ports of the desktop tower, for example, as the front ones don't provide enough power.
Thank you for the tip. I'll try it.
Shotsy is offline   Reply With Quote