Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 12-11-2009, 01:01 PM   #1
hanche
Enthusiast
hanche began at the beginning.

Device: iRex reader 1000S
Question Format of scribbles in the database

Poking around in metadata.db (sqlite database) I see that the scribbles are represented by a blob per page. Is the format of this blob documented somewhere? Or did thomega reverse engineer it for his portable scribble merger?

If the latter, I suppose I could do my own reverse engineering from his source code, but I don't read ML very well, so it would be a chore. (I am asking because I'd like to do my own scribble manipulations.)

(Edit: Sorry about the thumbs down icon. I have no idea how it got there. I fixed it on the thread, but it remains in the list view.)

Last edited by hanche; 12-11-2009 at 01:47 PM. Reason: (Why did it pick the tumbs down icon?)
hanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 07:07 AM   #2
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
Hi hanche,

The code published by iRex contains a lot of information about the format/content of the metadata.db files. For Xournal I also had to look into the format of the metadata.db files to be able to import the annotations made with the native DR application into Xournal. I also used the code from thomega to better understand the structure. Also take a look at the code in: Sources\1.7\iRex\libs\erscribble\test.

I attached the source file that contains the code to do the import. Xournal is using a GnomeCanvas with 72DPI, so you will see that the coordinates are being converted from 160 DPI. The strange thing is that I had to use some kind of multiplication factor (1-1/16).

The code uses the libermetadb from iRex, this library is a wrapper around the sqlite3 library and has the 'knowledge' of the format of the blob. You can port the library to the PC or copy only the code you need.

Please let me know if you have more questions.
Attached Files
File Type: gz annotations.c.tar.gz (4.6 KB, 212 views)
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-12-2009, 10:10 PM   #3
hanche
Enthusiast
hanche began at the beginning.

Device: iRex reader 1000S
Thanks, I'll have a look. And I'll ask if there is something I don't understand.
hanche is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
data format, scribbles