Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-15-2014, 01:05 PM   #37426
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Wishing everyone a Happy Palindrome Week!
Today is 4/15/14
Every day this week is a palindrome. See... I can do numbers! LOL!

Stitchawl
Only if you use the American method of date sequencing
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 01:07 PM   #37427
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Wishing everyone a Happy Palindrome Week!
Today is 4/15/14
Every day this week is a palindrome. See... I can do numbers! LOL!

Stitchawl
Wow. So it is. And a Happy Palindrome Week Plus Three Days right back at 'cha.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 03:13 PM   #37428
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Having a DUH! moment.

I've been wondering where I could get ribbons for my scrapbooking besides the scrapbook and craftstore. Tonight I looked out of the window and saw, across the canal, the haberdashery (I love that word!).

It's one of those stores I always try to avoid because they have too much fun stuff (even when you don't sew/scrapbook/are creative).
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 03:17 AM   #37429
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
Having a DUH! moment.

I've been wondering where I could get ribbons for my scrapbooking besides the scrapbook and craftstore. Tonight I looked out of the window and saw, across the canal, the haberdashery (I love that word!).

It's one of those stores I always try to avoid because they have too much fun stuff (even when you don't sew/scrapbook/are creative).
I think we're about to start up another group at my office and if we do and if you like I can record then. I actually thought about Skype, but chances are they would be about 1700 Pacific, and that would be super early fur you I think!

So in other news with my knee, they are definitely on the bone infection band wagon which still has me so incredibly furious! I had a bunch of blood draws and a consult with the surgeon tomorrow.

Scared/angry/furious/I want my daddy
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 04:02 AM   #37430
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
I think we're about to start up another group at my office and if we do and if you like I can record then. I actually thought about Skype, but chances are they would be about 1700 Pacific, and that would be super early fur you I think!

So in other news with my knee, they are definitely on the bone infection band wagon which still has me so incredibly furious! I had a bunch of blood draws and a consult with the surgeon tomorrow.

Thank you for the offer, but I'm still finding my way. I am looking for a group/store that organises crops and workshops. However, all seem to do so on Saturday, which is the only day I really can't get free it being the busiest day of the week in our store.

Oh, I hadn't read about your knee problem yet. I hope everything will be okay! Good luck!
Old 04-16-2014, 07:14 AM   #37431
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post

(hugs) Feel better soon.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 01:05 PM   #37432
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Good luck with your knee, KK. I'll be thinking positive thoughts...

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 09:44 PM   #37433
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
well more or less good news, it is NOT an infection! there is a big hole in the bone under the apparatus RIGHT where I complained about the pain from day 1! and there is an xray from 2012 showing said hole, granted not as big, but there. I got the copies of my records from that surgeon today and read them. all he addresses is that I am so many days post op, should not have any pain, lectured me about drug use and wrote another prescription. he NEVER addressed the issues causing the pain! of course he was too perfect to have made a mistake! egotistical b*stard! *fumes*
Old 04-17-2014, 10:18 AM   #37434
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
I smell a lawsuit. That is malpractice. There was no need for you to be in pain like that
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 09:42 PM   #37435
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
I smell a lawsuit. That is malpractice. There was no need for you to be in pain like that
I'm thinking pretty much so
Old 04-19-2014, 01:39 AM   #37436
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Good luck with your knee, kindlekitten! A year later and my torn meniscus has reached the point where I can take short walks again.

But, right now I'm burning CDs for tomorrow -- I'll be on the road most of the day.
cromag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 08:50 AM   #37437
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

Helping the occassional customer.

It's quiet in the store this afternoon, so quiet my father is doing the bookkeeping. All the chores that can be done when the store's open are done, so when there are no customers I'm surfing the web.
Old 04-19-2014, 09:49 AM   #37438
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Re-shaping the counterweight form for my epée grip. At today's practice I decided that the weight needed to be 125gm at the last 2cm of the grip to give me the balance point I prefer on an weapon... just 2cm from the front of the guard. That gives me the best point control at the weapon is just barely point-heavy. With the grip in my hand, the point is pulled down ever so slightly, almost 'floating.' (Everyone has a different idea of what the balance point should be, based on the style of fencing they play.)

So I'm re-making the clay model now so that the lead weight will wrap around the last 2cm at the end of the handle. Once I get the shape the way I need it to be, I'll cast in in Plaster of Paris and let it harden and dry over night. Tomorrow I'll melt the lead and pour it into the mold and let it cool then crack the mold. Then all I need to do is drill and tap a hole in it, and in the handle, and screw it together! A good project for a Sunday!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 02:31 PM   #37439
5thWiggleWife
I’m a Happy Boy!
5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2017, Acer A500, Kobo Glo, iPad mini
Just finished making my husband's special birthday cake.

His birthday is in January but we celebrate in April during Birthday He!! Week. His sister, his mom, his dad and I all have our birthdays within 10 days of each other. We celebrate them all together with a big family dinner. Did I mention we each get a birthday cake of our choice?

This is a picture (last year's) of the B.E.L.'s favourite Raspberry Torte.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	990.6 KB
ID:	121866  
5thWiggleWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 02:56 PM   #37440
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thWiggleWife View Post
Just finished making my husband's special birthday cake.

His birthday is in January but we celebrate in April during Birthday He!! Week. His sister, his mom, his dad and I all have our birthdays within 10 days of each other. We celebrate them all together with a big family dinner. Did I mention we each get a birthday cake of our choice?

This is a picture (last year's) of the B.E.L.'s favourite Raspberry Torte.
Happy birthday for you all!

That looks delicious! (now I have the munchies)

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?