Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 08-30-2012, 11:54 AM   #1
William5
William5 can extract oil from cheeseWilliam5 can extract oil from cheeseWilliam5 can extract oil from cheeseWilliam5 can extract oil from cheeseWilliam5 can extract oil from cheeseWilliam5 can extract oil from cheeseWilliam5 can extract oil from cheeseWilliam5 can extract oil from cheeseWilliam5 can extract oil from cheese

Device: iPad 3; Kindle 3 3G
Footnote/Endnote Links Not Working

I use Calibre to convert my books (which I write in HTML) to .epub and .mobi, and although the TOC works beautifully and all of my code comes through exactly, my internal links don't work. The HTML before the conversion works fine. Here is a sample of my code:

Link from text to footnote: <A class=fn href="abc.html#fnone01" id=one01><SUP class="sup">1</SUP></A>
Link from footnote to text: <A class=fn-end href="abc.html#one01" id=fnone01>1</A>

Edit: Problem solved. I had created a copy of the original file, so the links were trying to access another document instead of a different section of the same file. Apologies for the stupid question. Also, thank you for creating this amazing software.

Last edited by William5; 08-30-2012 at 12:18 PM. Reason: Solved.
William5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 06:39 AM   #2
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
Not a stupid question. Exactly the sort of thing that everyone does one time or another. Your question and self answer might save someone else some time on a similar problem.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert