Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-30-2012, 11:28 PM   #301
SF&F Reader
Groupie
SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kobo Touch, Blackberry Playbook, Samsung Galaxy SII HD LTE
Oh yes, it is excellent! I've tried holding it several ways, but my favourite is just like you said.

I hope you get yours soon, Quelch. What part of Oz are you from BTW?
SF&F Reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 01:08 AM   #302
Quelch
Groupie
Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch and iPad 4 hers, Samsung Galaxy S 8.4 mine !
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by SF&F Reader View Post
Oh yes, it is excellent! I've tried holding it several ways, but my favourite is just like you said.

I hope you get yours soon, Quelch. What part of Oz are you from BTW?
No case yet:

Just north of Brisbane in Queensland

We could fit most of Canada into Queensland, but we wouldn't do it because Canada would melt !

It gets fairly hot here

Congrats on getting your case at last, hope mine comes next week it's been a long wait

May I suggest, with the wisdom of hindsight, that anyone buying a SkinDigital case pay a little extra for registered post, would make it less of a worry
Quelch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-31-2012, 11:30 AM   #303
SF&F Reader
Groupie
SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!

About 17% of Canada if my math is correct. . . If the country didn't melt I'm sure I would at least. I haven't been to Queensland yet, the furthest north I got on the east coast was Newcastle (and Alice springs in the interior) and it was supposed to be late fall there but it was plenty hot enough for me.

Anyway, here's hoping!
Old 04-02-2012, 06:53 AM   #304
Quelch
Groupie
Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I was joking about the size, Canada being one of the few countries that is bigger than Australia

But it is still hot here thirty degrees but it's April and should be getting cooler soon

No SkinDigital case yet, I'll e-mail them to see if they can trace what happened to it their end
Not getting much cooperation here from Australia post !
Old 04-02-2012, 10:00 AM   #305
estelle58
Cat lover
estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo, iPad mini, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quelch View Post
May I suggest, with the wisdom of hindsight, that anyone buying a SkinDigital case pay a little extra for registered post, would make it less of a worry

That's what I did and I received it in about 2 weeks
estelle58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-02-2012, 12:47 PM   #306
SF&F Reader
Groupie

No worries Quelch, that's what I figured, but you did make me check the numbers. . .

After all, I did travel overland to Uluru. That was quite the journey.

For comparison's sake, I think you could just about fit three Saskatchewan's into Queensland.

At any rate (and back on topic), I would hope it's just a hold up in customs or something and not a missing package.
Old 04-02-2012, 03:11 PM   #307
Slartibartfaust
Enthusiast
Slartibartfaust began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Luck of the draw i guess with regular mail
i didn't pay the extra 2$ and it arrived within 2 weeks (i even used a discount code heh)
Slartibartfaust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 04:28 PM   #308
tbb007
tbb007 began at the beginning.

Looking for a new case for my Kobo Touch.

Currently have a hardcover ex-point "folio" style I got for spit when Borders was closing, and I'm pretty happy with it; I don't mind the extra weight as a tradeoff for the protection it offers.

But I'm considering getting a case with an integrated reading light, and if possible, I'd like it to address these small annoyances:

1. Though my present case holds the Kobo just fine, it's about 1.5 inches larger than the device both top to bottom and side to side when closed; it fits OK in the large pocket of my leather jacket, but when the weather gets nicer, something closer to the device's "actual size" would be easier to carry.

2. Those elastic bands won't last forever, and as others have noted, the one in the upper right gets in the way of the power switch (and will probably wear out even faster as a result).

I haven't found a case that answers those two issues, and has a light, and offers similar protection to the one I have, with the possible exception of this one:

But I can't find a detailed description of that case, or a review, anywhere, despite several retailers carrying it.

Anyone have any actual experience with it? Soft case or hard? Where is the light (spine? top?)? Is it retractable? And how is the device held in?

Thanks in advance.
tbb007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 01:10 AM   #309
SF&F Reader
Groupie

Looks like it could be this one:

Which is what I saw at Futureshop. The battery holder which the light neck folds into sits beside the Kobo, not on the spine. I thought that part was pretty cheaply made, especially the battery cover, and the neck is very thin. I gave it a pass.
Old 04-10-2012, 11:20 PM   #310
tbb007

Definitely the same model number. And it looks like it's got the elastic band across the power button again. For now, I guess I'll stick with what I've got. Thanks.
Old 04-11-2012, 03:38 AM   #311
winsomnia
Groupie
winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: kobo Touch, kobo Aura
I like the one I'm currently using, but it is expensive. I bought it at Staples and it's listed as $34.99. Here is the Staples link, it's called the M-Edge Go! Jacket.

It is relatively sturdy (although I've seen other cases which are sturdier) and comes with a pocket that will fit an e-Luminator booklight (sold separately). It's one of those with the four elastics that some people here don't like. I don't mind them, but I only use three elastics, leaving the corner with the power slider exposed.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/pic...pictureid=5268
The empty case. You can see the stitches for the pocket where the e-Luminator slides in.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/pic...pictureid=5269
The case with my Kobo Touch.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/pic...pictureid=5270
The top view, showing power slider.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/pic...pictureid=5275
Back of cardboard packaging from the case.

If you are looking for inexpensive, this one is not for you. But I like it and feel confident using it, holding it with one hand with the cover folded back. I haven't bought a light to attach to it yet. It's not too bulky, so it fits in the pocket of my jacket.
winsomnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 02:55 PM   #312
tbb007

That appears to be much like the one I have, but with a place to store a light, as opposed to an integrated one. Worth considering, anyway. Thanks!
Old 04-12-2012, 04:47 PM   #313
Quelch
Groupie

Would the SkinDigital one do the job if you use a clip on light

I prefer the SkinDigital design (If mine ever turns up) I'm not enamoured of the cases with knicker elastic across the corners !

A SkinDigital case and a clip on light would cost about the same as the combined light and case designs !
Old 04-20-2012, 08:09 PM   #314
RickyB
Enthusiast
RickyB has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RickyB has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RickyB has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quelch View Post
I prefer the SkinDigital design (If mine ever turns up) I'm not enamoured of the cases with knicker elastic across the corners
A friend purchased one of these 'knicker elastic' cases off eBay, and the top right corner elastic covers the power switch!

She saw our SkinDigital case, and has now ordered one of those (using the 10% off code kindly supplied by SkinDigital).

Ours took two weeks from order to delivery in Adelaide, Australia.
RickyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 12:05 AM   #315
WillysJeepMan
Guru
WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, KFHD7, GTab 8.4 Pro, iPadAir 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SF&F Reader View Post
Looks like it could be this one:

Does a portfolio case exist that DOESN'T have those goofy corner straps?!
WillysJeepMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
case, kobo, touch case stand easel