Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 06-07-2011, 03:23 AM   #1
RecQuery
RecQuery began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
EXTH Header Question

I'm tried searching but with no luck and I was wondering if anyone knows what the EXTH - 3 - drm_ebookbase_book_id header is and what's it used for?

Obviously from the name it's something DRM related, but every book I have has a different number, is it kind of like a DRM ISBN or what?
RecQuery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 02:28 PM   #2
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Sorry but no one knows. There are actually 3 related extended header items (according to our own Wiki on the Mobi format)

1 drm_server_id
2 drm_commerce_id
3 drm_ebookbase_book_id

These are most probably involved in DRM generation and as you guessed possibly tracking. Once the DRM has been removed, you can typically change any of the metadata / exth header items including TTS, and the like.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert