Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 12-21-2010, 07:38 AM   #1
Maggie-Me
Zealot
Maggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with others

Device: Kindle PW,Sony 700, Sony 950 (Daily Edition),Nook Color,iPad
Return Book to Library Early

I borrow books from the library, sometimes I want to return the book before the 14 days are up. I can't seem to figure out how to do that using MobiPocket on PC.

Anyone have any idea?

Thanks
Maggie-Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 12:07 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie-Me View Post
I borrow books from the library, sometimes I want to return the book before the 14 days are up. I can't seem to figure out how to do that using MobiPocket on PC.

Anyone have any idea?

Thanks
Most libraries do not allow returning early. This is because the original check placed a time limit DRM on the file itself and this would remain on the file permitting you to read it for the full time even if you did a check-in. This, of course, would be a violation of the license agreement. In a few cases some formats do permit early check-in but then the program usually has some way to enforce it with your check out book. Generally this is not possible on mobi books.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-25-2010, 01:05 PM   #3
Spectrum
Zealot
Spectrum will become famous soon enoughSpectrum will become famous soon enoughSpectrum will become famous soon enoughSpectrum will become famous soon enoughSpectrum will become famous soon enoughSpectrum will become famous soon enough

Device: iPad 1 and iPad 4, KF HD 8.9"
I always return the ebooks once I am done ..
Launch ADE
Select top left icon (books) - go to Library view
this will display list of books with expiry days left.
select the book you want to return and righ click on it
choose 'Return to Library'
If expired the you may choose "Delete' option.

Cheers!

S
Spectrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 12:49 PM   #4
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well, ADE doesn't support Mobipocket books.
Old 12-29-2010, 04:56 PM   #5
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
You cannot return mobi books early, but you can set to 7-day checkout. ADE books (epub and pdf) can be returned early by clicking on the upper left corner.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2011, 07:50 PM   #6
Snakey
What would Snake do?
Snakey began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
I just got some library ebooks for the first time and ran into this problem. Was able to return the Adobe EPUBs early but the Mobi book doesn't appear to have that option so I guess this is going to be taking up one of my 10 borrowed books for the next 21 days? Doh!
Snakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 06:13 PM   #7
The MaD HaCkER
The MaD HaCkER began at the beginning.

Device: Palm Tungsten E2
Greetings all;
First post and just have a question. I am using a palm tungsten e2 to read books in mobepocket format (.prc) but come across some that are in .pdb format witch mobepocket reader is not able to handle. Is there some quick and dirty way to convert from .pdb to .prc?
Contributing to the discussion; I don't know if anyone has thought of it but you are able to take large web pages, Run them thru Mobepocket creator and take them with you, If you have never tryed out mobepocket creator you might want to look into it. It converts html, microsoft word, and adobe files to .prc's/kindle format.

Last edited by The MaD HaCkER; 01-15-2011 at 06:14 PM. Reason: smelling ;)
The MaD HaCkER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 08:00 PM   #8
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer

Please read the wiki articles on MOBI, PRC, and PDB. The question you posed cannot be answered without knowing the actual data format. Then if you still need an answer please start a new thread. It is not a good idea to hijack an existing thread with a new question.

Welcome, by the way, to the forum.

Dale
Old 01-17-2011, 10:43 AM   #9
speedlever
Fanatic
speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: PW2014, PW2012, iPad Pro
I recently got an epub ebook from the library and want to return it early. I've done so with others, but can't seem to return this specific book early for some reason.
(using ADE 1.7.2.1131).
speedlever is offline   Reply With Quote