Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-15-2010, 04:26 AM   #1
ganymede
Connoisseur
ganymede began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Can't access password protected calibre server

Since the last two updates of calibre, I can't access a password protected calibre-server (OS X) anymore. any ideas?
ganymede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 05:15 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
I have found that Kindle 3 users are failing to access ebooks I hold on my Apache based web server when Username/password is active, so it is not a Calibre specific issue
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-15-2010, 05:22 AM   #3
ganymede
Connoisseur
ganymede began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
I've the same problem with Safari! It's no problem of Kindle 3.
ganymede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 06:24 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganymede View Post
I've the same problem with Safari! It's no problem of Kindle 3.
I'll admit I don't have a clue why the user/password problem is occurring. While I suspect you may be right, saying that Safari is having a problem so it must not be a Kindle 3 problem isn't a valid argument. They both could be suffering from the same security update or browser engine update.

That said, try something constructive, try Firefox and see if the problem persists if it does roll back calibre to 0.7.27 and let us know if the problem goes away.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote