Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: What's your eReader and gender?
I have a Kindle and I'm a man 9 9.00%
I have a Kindle and I'm a woman 14 14.00%
I have a Cybook and I'm a man 12 12.00%
I have a Cybook and I'm a woman 8 8.00%
I have a Sony and I'm a man 37 37.00%
I have a Sony and I'm a woman 11 11.00%
I have a Iliad and I'm a man 7 7.00%
I have a Iliad and I'm a woman 4 4.00%
I have a Hanlin/Bebook/Walkbook and I'm a man 3 3.00%
I have a Hanlin/Bebook/Walkbook and I'm a woman 0 0%
I have an ereader not listed above and I'm a man 10 10.00%
I have an ereader not listed above and I'm a woman 7 7.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-19-2008, 07:33 PM   #1
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
What's your e-Reader and gender?

What's your eReader and gender?

A certain topic made me curious about this. Could it be true that certain ereader models are more atractive to a certain gender? What's the case here, in MR?

The poll allows multiple choice, for those who have more than one device.

Last edited by Over; 06-19-2008 at 07:37 PM.
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 07:48 PM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
i have an eb1150 (so, "not listed") and i'm a woman.

i hope to have an e-ink device soon (definitely not the Kindle or the Sony), and i plan to still be a woman then.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 08:01 PM   #3
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
i have an eb1150 (so, "not listed") and i'm a woman.

i hope to have an e-ink device soon (definitely not the Kindle or the Sony), and i plan to still be a woman then.
Gosh .... ya think maybe there should be an option for people who aren't certain what their gender is?? Might apply to someone out there .... not me (gee ... I HOPE not me).
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 08:03 PM   #4
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
I'm male, and my "ereader not listed above" is a Palm OS PDA.

I'll be a little startled if gender preferences in readers arise as anything other than a coincidence. If the market for dedicated readers becomes large enough, we may see reader models attempting to appeal to one gender or the other, but I doubt that's a factor in manufacturer's planning at the moment.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 09:29 PM   #5
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
I'm a dog - by several definitions of that word. But I picked one of the other selections anyway. Cuz I'm a dog. And I will still be a dog even after Queen Z gets her eink reader. By the way, doesn't she look great in that blue skirt and green hat? I picked them out myself. She sure does stir stuff up around here. Ya know?
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 09:38 PM   #6
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
We don't have to prove it do we?
Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 09:41 PM   #7
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barcey View Post
We don't have to prove it do we?
Nah, we dogs can get by on just a tail wag or two. Nobody'll bother checking us. You have been neutered/spayed, haven't you? Anyway, stick with me, kid, and you'll do fine.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 11:34 PM   #8
Vesper
Addict
Vesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-350, Cybook Gen3, Palm T|X
Mhm... perhaps you should have putted the part of the world, or at least continent where someone passes most of the time, since that's rather relevant in all this. Although I'm not sure if a simple poll would suffice in that case...

DrS
Vesper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 11:55 PM   #9
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
I'm a woman with a Kindle but my husband's arrives tomorrow.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 12:21 AM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The poll makes a big boo-boo. It uses the term ereader incorrectly and needs to be fixed ASAP!
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 05:38 AM   #11
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

interesting. so far i would say the sample is too small to be really indicative, however the only trend which stands out is that the Sony would appear to be overwhelmingly "for men."
Old 06-20-2008, 06:29 AM   #12
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I don't have a device which uses e-Reader format. I have a CyBook Gen3 which uses MobiPocket.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 06:43 AM   #13
spooky69
Stats:
spooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I don't have a device which uses e-Reader format. I have a CyBook Gen3 which uses MobiPocket.
Shut up, idiot.
spooky69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 07:57 AM   #14
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Don't be picky.
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 08:25 AM   #15
zelda_pinwheel

hmm. interesting other trend, so far there are significantly more men respondents than women (where are you all ?? i know there are some around...). so the whole "kindle is for women" posit is being trounced in every possible way, in our little microcosm.