Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-03-2010, 01:44 PM   #1
tmg820
tmg820 began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook IQ, Sony Ereader Touch PRS600
Pocketbook IQ - SD card

Hi, Just got my new PB IQ yesterday and been playing around with it. To those that have this tablet: what is your experience with inserting/removing sd card from the device? Does it slide in easily and pop out like it does on a pc? Mine is hard to insert and I have to pry it out with a tool. Very frustrating.
tmg820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 01:51 PM   #2
citac
Fanatic
citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab 2 (Android)
Really? I have had no problems with mine. I just have to pay attention to which way I insert it, because it's the opposite of how it's done on my e-ink reader.

It definitely should not be that hard to insert and take out.
citac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 02:40 PM   #3
sketcher
sketcher began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook IQ
I have the same problem. I now have a piece of tape on the sd card to pull it out cause I dont want to use a screwdriver everytime I want to get it out.
sketcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 02:56 PM   #4
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
I think the idea is that the SD card is more or less always inside the device. However, excessively difficult removal processes are troublesome.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 02:58 PM   #5
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
i have had mine out 3 times today. i just push it and it clicks/pops out just as with a card slot on anything else.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 05:17 PM   #6
sunwestdog
Enthusiast
sunwestdog began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook 701 IQ, pocketbook 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
i have had mine out 3 times today. i just push it and it clicks/pops out just as with a card slot on anything else.
Same here. Mine pops in and out with no issue. Don't know why some don't.
sunwestdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 05:43 PM   #7
Palladin
Connoisseur
Palladin began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-700, 350 & Pocketbook IQ
Mine pops in and out easily just like in other devices.
Palladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 07:22 PM   #8
tmg820
tmg820 began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook IQ, Sony Ereader Touch PRS600
Ok. Thanks all for the feedback. Must be something off with mine then. But I really like this thing so far otherwise. Anyone heard anything on this new firmware update? Still says coming soon on their site.
tmg820 is offline   Reply With Quote