Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 09-18-2010, 12:07 PM   #16
Zyzomys
Hooked on Phonics
Zyzomys began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I finally bought your book on KoboBooks. I am not usually a horror fan, but I thought I would give your book a try - have to support Canadian authors.
Zyzomys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 02:28 PM   #17
williemeikle
Are the stars right yet?
williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyzomys View Post
I finally bought your book on KoboBooks. I am not usually a horror fan, but I thought I would give your book a try - have to support Canadian authors.
And now that you've bought it I can tell you I'm a Scotsman :-)

Recently became a permanent resident in Canada though, so I've still got that in my favor :-)
williemeikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 02:51 PM   #18
Zyzomys
Hooked on Phonics
Zyzomys began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
You are a brave man choosing to live on The Rock.
Zyzomys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 12:22 PM   #19
williemeikle
Are the stars right yet?
williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I love Newfoundland... winter is interesting though :-)

And back on topic...The Invasion is still hanging in there

#346 in Kindle store
#10 in Kindle Store > Kindle Books > Science Fiction
#10 in Kindle Store > Kindle Books > Fiction > Horror > Occult
#1 in Kindle Store > Kindle Books > Fiction > Horror > Occult

It's those two #10s that I like a lot... top ten in both Kindle Science Fiction and Horror is something that's going to keep me warm through the coming winter.

And also doing well in the ALL books sections

#2 in Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Horror > Occult
#15 in Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Horror

Let's repeat that... it's #15 in the charts for ALL horror books on Amazon. Most of Stephen King and Dean Koontz's works are being outsold by my wee ebook.

Blimey!
Old 09-19-2010, 08:36 PM   #20
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
Now THAT is impressive. Congrats!!
jaxx6166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 01:44 PM   #21
williemeikle
Are the stars right yet?

THE INVASION is still up there, and today took back a spot I thought I wouldn't get back to...

#1 in Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Horror > Occult
#1 in Kindle Store > Kindle Books > Fiction > Horror > Occult
Old 10-11-2010, 04:12 PM   #22
williemeikle
Are the stars right yet?

Having taken note of customer comments, a new improved version of THE INVASION is now uploaded... typos fixed, ending expanded

http://www.amazon.com/The-Invasion-E.../dp/B003HS4V8O
Old 10-11-2010, 04:19 PM   #23
Squirsier
Addict
Squirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Sony: PRS-300, PRS-350. Kobo: Aura v2, Clara HD, Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by williemeikle View Post
Having taken note of customer comments, a new improved version of THE INVASION is now uploaded... typos fixed, ending expanded

http://www.amazon.com/The-Invasion-E.../dp/B003HS4V8O
Good news! Can the same be done on Kobobooks too?
Squirsier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 10:46 AM   #24
williemeikle
Are the stars right yet?

The new version should be there for all the selling sites now.
Old 10-14-2010, 10:46 AM   #25
williemeikle
Are the stars right yet?

Nice review of THE INVASION at Horror World. "If you’re on the fence with this one, then climb down and give it a shot. The Invasion is great 50’s B-Movie fun and comes highly recommended."
Old 10-17-2010, 04:39 PM   #26
mr ploppy
Feral Underclass
mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2nd hand paperback
In case you don't know, if you increase the price to £1.50 you will get 70% royalties instead of the 30% you get at that price.
mr ploppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 09:30 AM   #27
williemeikle
Are the stars right yet?

Featured Author

I'm the featured author over at http://www.ebookhighlights.com/?p=250 ... watch me ramble
Old 10-21-2010, 10:02 AM   #28
williemeikle
Are the stars right yet?

Amazon set the price... my publisher has it listed at the higher price but Amazon are discounting it...
Old 10-21-2010, 11:15 AM   #29
mr ploppy
Feral Underclass
mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2nd hand paperback
One of the other sites they sell it on must be in a price war with Amazon, it's dropped to £1.28 now.

Would you have sales figures for the different sites? Just being nosey really, but I was wondering what percentage of sales you get through Smashwords versus Amazon. And also if there was any jump in sales since the price drop that would make up for the lower royalty rate.
mr ploppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 11:27 AM   #30
williemeikle
Are the stars right yet?

Smashwords sales are about a tenth (or less) of the Amazon ones.

The Invasion sold 2000 copies on Amazon in September (and 1800 in August)... in July, before it was discounted, it sold 600.

I think it's worth it :-)

Willie