Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 07-02-2011, 03:30 AM   #1
pdxreads
Enthusiast
pdxreads doesn't litterpdxreads doesn't litterpdxreads doesn't litter

Device: Nook ST, Color Nook, iPad 2 & 4, Kobo Mini
Question Help with transfer from Nook1 to STR

I need some assistance transferring my non-BN content from my Nook Classic to my new STR. Details in my post in the 'Reading & Management' forum. Any leads will be much appreciated! Trying to use ADE or Calibre...

Thanks for helping a relative newbie out!
pdxreads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 06:45 AM   #2
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
If you use Calibre you can hook up your old Nook and once Calibre recognizes it you can go to "device".
Highlight any books you want to transfer, rightclick and you get an option "add to library".
The books will be added to your current library, and from there they can be transferred to your new Nook.
(Hook up new Nook, when in your Calibre library highlight any books you want to transfer, rightclick and choose "send to device".)
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-02-2011, 11:21 AM   #3
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxreads View Post
I need some assistance transferring my non-BN content from my Nook Classic to my new STR. Details in my post in the 'Reading & Management' forum. Any leads will be much appreciated! Trying to use ADE or Calibre...

Thanks for helping a relative newbie out!
If all you want is to copy the books from one to the other, the simplest solution is to connect both devices to your pc, where they show as new drives. then simply copy the books from one drive to the other and eject them once done.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 01:02 PM   #4
pdxreads
Enthusiast
pdxreads doesn't litterpdxreads doesn't litterpdxreads doesn't litter

Device: Nook ST, Color Nook, iPad 2 & 4, Kobo Mini
thanks very much for both of these helpful replies!
pdxreads is offline   Reply With Quote