Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 08-14-2010, 12:16 PM   #1
stevensavile
Enthusiast
stevensavile knows what's going on.stevensavile knows what's going on.stevensavile knows what's going on.stevensavile knows what's going on.stevensavile knows what's going on.stevensavile knows what's going on.stevensavile knows what's going on.stevensavile knows what's going on.stevensavile knows what's going on.stevensavile knows what's going on.stevensavile knows what's going on.

Device: sony
The Sufferer's Song - New Novel

If I may be so bold as to suggest... The Sufferer's Song might be interesting to fans of science-horror ala Dean Koontz. It's a huge (160,000 word) novel, never before published, out now on the kindle at 2.99.

A little background: I wrote the first draft of it some years ago, when I was in correspondence with Richard Laymon, and it is very much my tribute to his influence on my earlier novels. Last year I sat down and did a very detailed rewrite taking everything I've learned after 20 years in the business and having hit a few bestsellers lists, including hitting #1 in the UK with my novel Shadow of the Jaguar, and applying it to the book. And right now I am writing a big budget war game for Electronic Arts, so I am hoping folks feel comfortable taking the risk on a guy they've probably never heard of.

I love this book, it's as nasty as I've ever gone... but like, say, Stephen King's slow lazy comfortable style, or Koontz's twisted science gone wrong, we're not talking zombies or ghosts or supernatural, this is a science-horror novel told on a large canvas. Fans of The Passage should get a kick out of this one, too.

The sales pitch is fairly simple:

Man doesn't play God. Man plays the Devil.
Kristy French is obsessed with trying to find whatever it is that links the disappearance of Jude Kenyon, a hiker, Frank Rogan, a local farmer, and the suicide of Monk Sanders, the 'enforcer' for a disgraced scientist. Once she starts digging she stumbles into a Frankensteinian nightmare in the wilds of Northumberland. But who is the monster?

We've gone for the 2.99 release as this has never been published before, and because it is such a big book. I'm really excited about this one. Hope you like it.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...cm_cd_asin_lnk

And as an aside, we've also dropped the price on my serial killer novel, Laughing Boy's Shadow to 2.99 as well.

http://www.amazon.com/Laughing-Boys-...f=pd_rhf_p_t_2

It's also up on smashwords etc, here:

http://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/SteveSavile
stevensavile is offline   Reply With Quote