Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 10-12-2006, 01:11 AM   #16
scotty1024
Banned
scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.

Device: Reader / iPhone / Librie / Kindle
@RSS2PDF

I tried clicking on the links in your PDF (from the link above) but I keep getting:

Service Unavailable - DNS failure

The server is temporarily unable to service your request. Please try again later.
Reference #11.42575d42.1160629606.40bc7f0

Also, your media size isn't iLiad friendly. Do you have the ability to set a custom media size and custom margins?

Can your service follow the link from the RSS and pull in the page it finds there, with pictures?
scotty1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 01:37 AM   #17
RSS2PDF
RSS2PDF began at the beginning.

Hi Scotty,

My link works for me without any errors in a normal web browser on a PC.

I have no idea what kind of protocol your device uses to grab links...but I'm unfortunately unable to reproduce your error.

My service is primarily for PCs and mobile devices that have a mobile version of Acrobat Reader or a similar PDF reader installed...I'm sorry, but I'm totally unfamiliar with iLiad and am unwilling to alter my code just to make it compatible with your device.

Regarding:
>>Can your service follow the link from the RSS and pull in the page it finds there, with pictures?

No, my service doesn't 'follow the links' in the RSS. It simply converts the RSS or Atom feeds to PDFs. But it does have image support: just pass the following extra parameter to my webservice in the querystring:

img = 1

Sorry I can't be of more help to you.

BTW, I also have another mobile-friendly webservice here:
http://urlwash.com

URLwash transforms normal webpages into mobile-friendly ones, while filtering out images and scripts and acting as a proxy. Check it out...

RSS2PDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-12-2006, 01:55 PM   #18
scotty1024
Banned
scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.

Device: Reader / iPhone / Librie / Kindle
So there you have it folks... Very BBC compliant though.
scotty1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 05:42 PM   #19
geekraver
Addict
geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini,Kindle Paperwhite
BTW you may want to try rss2book - check the Sony Reader forums under Content subforum; its one of the sticky threads.
geekraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 03:59 AM   #20
geekraver
Addict
geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini,Kindle Paperwhite
rss2book has had some very cool extensions recently, for supporting getting full stories, not just the limited RSS descriptions - check it out!
geekraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert