Notices

Old 05-01-2009, 03:43 PM   #1
dumas2
dumas2 began at the beginning.

Device: T-Mobile G1
Preferences loop on Mac OS X

Mac OS X 10.5.6 (intel)
calibre 0.5.9

Start calibre, click Preferences, CPU goes to 100% and calibre stops responding. Activity monitor shows most of the CPU is from syslogd.

Running calibre -v from the command line and repeating, I see calibre printing this as fast as it can go:

Qt: internal: -108: Error ATSUMeasureTextImage text/qfontengine_mac.cpp: 556
Qt: internal: -108: Error ATSUMeasureTextImage text/qfontengine_mac.cpp: 556

over and over... until I kill calibre.

Does this point to the problem? Anything I can do to gather more information to figure it out?
dumas2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 03:58 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
looks like a problem with one of the fonts on your machine. Do you have some unusual fonts installed?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-01-2009, 04:19 PM   #3
dumas2
dumas2 began at the beginning.

Device: T-Mobile G1
Thumbs up

Just Bitstream Vera, which I wouldn't think was all that unusual. But after moving those files aside and logging out and back in, I can now bring up calibre preferences.

Would it be possible to fix this?
dumas2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 04:22 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
As far as I can see, it's a bug in the Qt GUI library, which is not under my control. You should open a bug report on the Qt bug tracker.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote