Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 06-18-2014, 06:00 AM   #16
odedta
Addict
odedta read the news today, oh boy.odedta read the news today, oh boy.odedta read the news today, oh boy.odedta read the news today, oh boy.odedta read the news today, oh boy.odedta read the news today, oh boy.odedta read the news today, oh boy.odedta read the news today, oh boy.odedta read the news today, oh boy.odedta read the news today, oh boy.odedta read the news today, oh boy.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
I'm happy to say, though (braggin' rights here!), we DID get that workout book I told you guys about, with 957 images, DONE. (Who's your daddy?) MWAHAHAHAHA.

Hitch
odedta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 10:41 AM   #17
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
I'm happy to say, though (braggin' rights here!), we DID get that workout book I told you guys about, with 957 images, DONE. (Who's your daddy?) MWAHAHAHAHA.

Hitch
Welcome to MobileRead Dr. Evil.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2014, 03:26 PM   #18
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by odedta View Post
OMG, that's hysterical, thank you. I'm going to share it with my crew, if I may.

THANK YOU!

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 04:28 PM   #19
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeplyblue View Post
Thank you for that account. I'm a PC person myself (I remember the days of DOS - even the bliss when they made the command line editable with DOS 5) and getting slowly into Android and the Kindle Fire.

But my brother is <linethrough>a smooth man</linethrough> an Apple Person and considers himself one The Elect. And one of the things which every Apple Person knows is that life would be much simpler for everyone if they had Apples too (his 18-month old son is quite proficient with his sister's iPad). Because Apples Just Work.

HA!

I won't try telling him about this - like any True Believer he will have an answer - but I shall know. Not just something that doesn't work as advertised, but something from Adobe that doesn't work properly.

It almost restores my faith in a Fair Universe. Not quite, since I can't make things work on my little collection of Non-Elect hardware / software despite real commitment.

To which I must now return.
I feel for you. Troos can kill you, in any product line, but it's absolutely true (pun intended) that we seem to have far more issues with Mac users, who struggle with things like downloading, file extensions, etc. I ranted here about 2 months ago, somewhere, about how I wasted over 80 (yes, eighty) emails with a guy who kept insisting that we'd sent him corrupt files. Worse, Apple support told him that they were corrupt. All this because he a) couldn't find his bloody DOWNLOADS folder, b) kept saving the file as either i) a shortcut or ii) a file sans extension and c) couldn't figure out how to drag and drop the file to KP. I wasted another two HOURS booting up the Mac Mini, synching the dropbox, and then sending his damn files to my own Googlemail account just so I could take screenshots of the entire downloading process, to show him that with FIVE simple clicks, the whole thing was done. I was positively irate by the time I got done with the enormous time-suck.

THEN, this guy had the nerve to email me and tell me how much better my company would be if I just had video demos (for every single email provider out there, mind you, for every various type of computer) to tell them how to do things. I never emailed him back, because I was afraid of what I'd say.

We state, in no uncertain terms, not less than 3x before somebody orders a book that we don't provide tech support. We also tell them that they have to know how to load, download, upload, and install programs on their onw computers. Nonetheless, it's my single largest overhead item, after the bookmaking. Not normal emailing; just tech support, ubiquitously for "can't download ADE," "can't load to Previewer," "can't find my downloaded files," and my latest fave, the "file is corrupted because my computer saves files sans file extensions" hoohah, for which I blame Mac first and MS second. I seriously don't understand why people think our time is free, or that hours of tech support are included in our bookmaking fees, which are not expensive. It's a constant source of frustration for us. It's a problem I've never been able to solve, in the last 5 years.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote