Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-14-2012, 06:42 PM   #1
briant1234
Enthusiast
briant1234 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.briant1234 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.briant1234 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.briant1234 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.briant1234 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.briant1234 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.briant1234 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.briant1234 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.briant1234 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.briant1234 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.briant1234 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.

Device: Kindle Touch
Simple Noob Question help? (ssh access?)

i have a very simple, noob question to ask, what exactly is ssh access and usbnetwork? im heard it alot in here but idk what it really is
briant1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 07:23 PM   #2
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3.4
Usbnetwork is an update you apply to your kindle to allw you to use ssh (a program that lets you connect to a remote computers commandline) to connect to the kindle and run programs,commands,etc.

next time,please go read the wiki or something. This is all explained there.
qlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-14-2012, 07:36 PM   #3
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Also: if you don't know what it means, you probably don't need it. (Ignorance is bliss, and all that ).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 10:09 AM   #4
briant1234
Enthusiast
briant1234 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.briant1234 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.briant1234 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.briant1234 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.briant1234 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.briant1234 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.briant1234 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.briant1234 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.briant1234 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.briant1234 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.briant1234 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.

Device: Kindle Touch
Qlob- Thanks! also i did read the wiki, i just didnt understand it ;D
NiLuJe- yea, but i saw some hacks that i wanted to use that required ssh access, and i didnt understand how to get them
briant1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 10:35 AM   #5
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by briant1234 View Post
Qlob- Thanks! also i did read the wiki, i just didnt understand it ;D
NiLuJe- yea, but i saw some hacks that i wanted to use that required ssh access, and i didnt understand how to get them
Yeah -- sometimes the wiki is not very clear...
qlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert