Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-19-2010, 01:11 PM   #1
tvuongpham
Banned
tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kindle Paperwhite 2nd gen, Kindle KB (dead) PRS-T1, PRS 350
Official Standard Sony PRS-350 Cover PRSA-SC35L

Just got mine yesterday!

I LIKE it.
feels good to have a cover protection over the device. I put the prs350 with the PRSA-SC35L cover inside the Sony slip case that came with my prs600..

It fits great!

The little magnets help keep the cover closed and open folded back behind the device.

Although a bit pricey.. it is very nice to have a cover over the device.. I think the device is less vulnerable out on the table with it on! And the screen seems a bit more protected!

However, I hope the hinge hardware lasts (don't know how durable it is)

I would recommend getting it.. The dual material is nice. I did try the previous black standard cover for the prs 600 and didn't like it..

But the prs 350 seems lacking without a cover.. Too bad Sony didn't include it.
tvuongpham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 05:09 PM   #2
maggotb0y
Connoisseur
maggotb0y can extract oil from cheesemaggotb0y can extract oil from cheesemaggotb0y can extract oil from cheesemaggotb0y can extract oil from cheesemaggotb0y can extract oil from cheesemaggotb0y can extract oil from cheesemaggotb0y can extract oil from cheesemaggotb0y can extract oil from cheesemaggotb0y can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony Reader
Can you post the real dimensions of the cover? The Sony site claims 4.60 x 0.71 x 7.40 in. which seems off for a device that is listed as 5 3/4 x 4 1/8 x 11/32
maggotb0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2010, 09:55 PM   #3
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
I like the Sony cover for the 350 a lot, too. Glad you're enjoying yours.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 01:36 PM   #4
tvuongpham
Banned
tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Standard cover measurements

@maggotb0y -- yes you are right.. the web page is very wrong.
1. the dimensions/ measurements are wrong
2. the product description is wrong..- well not 100%

There is no premium. Unlike last generation a thicker all leather is the premium cover vs a synthetic cover.
This year the product number (looking at the box) is PRSA-SC35/LC (WW ) BLUE
It is a standard a cover made with dual material.
The "blue" portion seems synthetic leather or it could be leather --smells like leather but the rest of the dual portion of the cover is synthetic material.

The measurements are..
(when laid flat open)
8 and bit more then 3/4 " x 5 and 5/8"
I attached a couple photos for you.

The cover is simple and works great.. the key advantage is it uses the proprietary sony latch mechanism. (durable don't know, plastic yes so it won't scratch but long term use.. doubtful)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00052-20101020-1019.jpg
Views:	491
Size:	201.5 KB
ID:	59993   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00051-20101020-1018.jpg
Views:	484
Size:	209.7 KB
ID:	59994  
Old 10-20-2010, 01:39 PM   #5
tvuongpham
Banned

@doreenjoy
- yes thanks! I am expecting the other cover with integrated light.. it is here in a couple of days..I called the vendor I bought it from (Vann's) and they honored the current promotion and have shipped it for free! (woohoo)

might use it might not.. it is expensive $49.99 verus the standard cover of $34.99
Advert