Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 04-03-2016, 12:48 PM   #1
San Zamoyski
Enthusiast
San Zamoyski is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.San Zamoyski is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.San Zamoyski is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.San Zamoyski is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.San Zamoyski is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.San Zamoyski is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.San Zamoyski is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.San Zamoyski is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.San Zamoyski is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.San Zamoyski is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.San Zamoyski is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.

Device: Kindle 3G
Why i can not send my mobi via Whispernet?

Hi!

I'm working on scripts on my page which makes converting books easier for me.

Generally i generate html files, put it into ZIP file as epub and then convert to mobi with Kindlegen.

It generally works fine, but this time i got email from Amazon that this file can not be delivered.

Here i put those two files: http://xn--zabaaganionemiejsce-8fd.pl/testbook/

Putting it via usb on my K3 work's fine.

Thanks in advance!

edit. according to other topics:
- sending from Gmail
- file size is 1.1 MB

Last edited by San Zamoyski; 04-03-2016 at 03:49 PM. Reason: "according to other topics"
San Zamoyski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 05:11 AM   #2
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Both links on your website only work if you strip the numbers from your link. When I checked the epub with ePubCheck, I got lots of error messages.
And since invalid input files usually translate into invalid output files, your generated .mobi file was most likely invalid, too.
The fact that it displays fine on a Kindle doesn't mean anything since the rendering engine will ignore certain errors.
However, the Amazon tools tend to be less tolerant.
To solve this problem, you'll need to change your script so that it generates valid ePub files.

Last edited by Doitsu; 04-04-2016 at 05:14 AM.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 06:56 AM   #3
San Zamoyski
Enthusiast
San Zamoyski is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.San Zamoyski is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.San Zamoyski is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.San Zamoyski is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.San Zamoyski is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.San Zamoyski is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.San Zamoyski is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.San Zamoyski is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.San Zamoyski is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.San Zamoyski is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.San Zamoyski is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.

Device: Kindle 3G
Quote:
Both links on your website only work if you strip the numbers from your link.
Yeah, my fault...
Quote:
When I checked the epub with ePubCheck, I got lots of error messages.
Thanks for pointing that out!

I've started to repairing those errors (being a bit sceptic as they should be in working books too), and thought i'll reapair it "by the way".
But it helped!
Well, almost imediately... As far as i remember, i made two things:

1. Change all html files headers:
From <!DOCTYPE html> to
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml11/DTD/xhtml11.dtd">
2. Removed <dc-metadata> tag wrapping <dc:xxx> tags in OPF file.

And PUFF!, problem is gone.

Many thanks!
San Zamoyski is offline   Reply With Quote