Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-09-2013, 08:53 PM   #91
zxczxc
Addict
zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Device: PW
using this, the kual version, will i be able to see if it is locked/unlocked?
great addition here, thanks
zxczxc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 01:36 AM   #92
dsmid
Linux devotee
dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4B, Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by zxczxc View Post
using this, the kual version, will i be able to see if it is locked/unlocked?
Sure, just use the "Lock state" menu item.
dsmid is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-14-2013, 01:48 PM   #93
zxczxc
Addict
zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Device: PW
great, thanks
zxczxc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 03:22 PM   #94
discopig
Book Addict
discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
This is very useful, I hated those silent updates, thanks!
discopig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 01:54 PM   #95
flipado
flipado began at the beginning.

Device: paperwhite
Hello,
I also hated silent updates.
Thank you very much for your work dsmid.

One question, is there any way to know if the hack is working fine without using kual?
flipado is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2013, 02:47 PM   #96
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipado View Post
Hello,
I also hated silent updates.
Thank you very much for your work dsmid.

One question, is there any way to know if the hack is working fine without using kual?
Sure, KUAL only runs scripts - -
Find another way to run the KUAL lock-state script.

Why do you not want to install KUAL ?
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 04:55 AM   #97
flipado
flipado began at the beginning.

Device: paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Sure, KUAL only runs scripts - -
Find another way to run the KUAL lock-state script.

Why do you not want to install KUAL ?
Thanks.
Really, there is no reason; just that I have not yet installed.
Just this hack is the excuse to install
flipado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 08:24 AM   #98
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipado View Post
Thanks.
Really, there is no reason; just that I have not yet installed.
Just this hack is the excuse to install
Oh, sorry, I misunderstood.

Try it, you may like it. There are a lot of add-in buttons for the launcher.
http://wiki.knetconnect.com/twiki/bi...uttons/WebHome
(There are a few buttons on this forum that are not on that list - our "button list" maintainer is on summer holiday.)

And the addition of your own custom buttons is easy (and described here, in several places).
The existing buttons makeup a large collection of worked examples.

Last edited by knc1; 06-29-2013 at 08:36 AM.
Old 08-29-2013, 04:58 AM   #99
George's Kindle
Enthusiast
George's Kindle does all things with Zen-like beautyGeorge's Kindle does all things with Zen-like beautyGeorge's Kindle does all things with Zen-like beautyGeorge's Kindle does all things with Zen-like beautyGeorge's Kindle does all things with Zen-like beautyGeorge's Kindle does all things with Zen-like beautyGeorge's Kindle does all things with Zen-like beautyGeorge's Kindle does all things with Zen-like beautyGeorge's Kindle does all things with Zen-like beautyGeorge's Kindle does all things with Zen-like beautyGeorge's Kindle does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: kindle 3
Thanks for this tool. The last update of the K5 destroyed my device. Now I use your tool to prevent this with KUAL.

Great work
George's Kindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 08:54 AM   #100
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by George's Kindle View Post
Thanks for this tool. The last update of the K5 destroyed my device. Now I use your tool to prevent this with KUAL.

Great work
You are very welcome.
Old 11-23-2013, 05:44 AM   #101
Yolina
Wizard
Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage
Would the existing backdoor lock via KUAL work on a 5.4.0 PW2? I normally keep the wifi off anyway, but I quite like to have the safety net of BDL on my device.

I would offer to try but I really, really don't want to run he risk of my PW2 updating to 5.4.2 given the mess it creates with cloud collections and as far as I'm aware there's then no way of going back to 5.4.0
Yolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 05:57 PM   #102
cryzed
Evangelist
cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Same here, although there is now a way to restore it to 5.4.0 it's rather technical, and if you aren't careful you can brick your device permanently. I'd also like to see a way to prevent automatic updates for the PW2!

EDIT: Just tried to use the same method that this hack uses, all the files still exist etc. so it's possible that the update mechanism hasn't changed. For now I commented out the appropriate lines and hope that it doesn't update!

Last edited by cryzed; 12-21-2013 at 07:55 PM.
cryzed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 12:16 PM   #103
rogerinnyc
Addict
rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Forma and Aura One; Kindle Voyage; Galaxy Note 10
Anything working to block updates on 5.4.2.1 for PW2?

Has anyone tested this hack on 5.4.2 or 5.4.2.1? I just had an auto-update from Amazon on my PW2 to 5.4.2.1 and, fortunately, although all my hacks were wiped out (e.g., screensaver, fonts and KUAL), the jailbreak survived and the hacks all came back just through re-installation of KUAL prerequisites, python, screensaver and font hacks (I didn't have to reinstall my custom fonts or KUAL itself, though).

But I'd rather not go through that again -- or risk that Amazon's next update kills the jailbreak.

I'm scared to test this BackDoorLock file, but may go ahead if no one else has tried it on the newest software. But, if I do, how can I test that it is actually working? Or is there a better hack that my searches have missed?

Thanks in advance for any guidance.
rogerinnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 03:29 PM   #104
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
You could take a look here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...63#post2592263
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 03:58 PM   #105
rogerinnyc
Addict
rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Forma and Aura One; Kindle Voyage; Galaxy Note 10
Thanks. I somehow missed that thread. Much obliged.
rogerinnyc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
k3 k4 k5 kpw backdoorlock