Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-23-2012, 08:23 AM   #31
Kobo-Robin
Kobo Arc - Ux Lead
Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Arc
Quote:
Originally Posted by suedenim View Post
So how does the screen on the Arc compare to the Vox?
Honestly they can't even be compared. Making the jump to the new screen also meant that we could use a higher dpi.

The new screen is beautiful.
Kobo-Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 04:19 PM   #32
cyndersk
Enthusiast
cyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watch

Device: Kobo Touch & Kobo Arc
Ugh...The discovery bar has got to go!!! Is there a way to disable it? It shows me nothing that I am interested in, and even when I say I'm not interested the same things keep coming back! I know that is being worked on...but honestly after a week I just want it GONE!!!!
cyndersk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 05:39 PM   #33
tinted_tictac
tinted_tictac began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo, Kobo Vox, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyndersk View Post
Ugh...The discovery bar has got to go!!! Is there a way to disable it? It shows me nothing that I am interested in, and even when I say I'm not interested the same things keep coming back! I know that is being worked on...but honestly after a week I just want it GONE!!!!
This!

Is the $20 an Indigo gift card or Kobo?
tinted_tictac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 09:27 PM   #34
Kobo-Robin
Kobo Arc - Ux Lead
Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinted_tictac View Post
This!

Is the $20 an Indigo gift card or Kobo?
They can be redeemed in the Kobo store.
Kobo-Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 11:15 PM   #35
RJD
RJD began at the beginning.

Device: Sony T1, thinking about a Kobo Arc or Nexus 7
How is the battery life on the Arc for things like video, websurfing, Netflix, etc? I've seen mentions of 10 hours battery life, but this seems to be in relation to ebooks.
RJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 11:41 PM   #36
scrapking
Evangelist
scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobo-Robin View Post
Yes! That's the deal I have been telling everyone about. Welcome to the show!
For what it's worth, it's kind of frustrating that said deal started just days after the device launched, messing over us first-couple-of-days super-early adopters. :/
scrapking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 03:02 PM   #37
cyndersk
Enthusiast
cyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watch

Device: Kobo Touch & Kobo Arc
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapking View Post
For what it's worth, it's kind of frustrating that said deal started just days after the device launched, messing over us first-couple-of-days super-early adopters. :/
I totally agree - I got mine on the first day...but now wonder if I should have waited.....Perhaps us early buyers will get a Christmas present? LOL
cyndersk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 06:04 PM   #38
eTess
Enthusiast
eTess began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapking View Post
I had to laugh - I ordered mine the day before the gift card became available...but that's life...first world problem
eTess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:33 PM   #39
bo_bos
bo_bos began at the beginning.

I have just purchased my first tablet/e-reader of any kind. I go with the Kobo Arc and am a little frustrated at the moment.

1. How can I delete the Discovery Bar? I don't care what you have to say...put it in the Reading Tapestry if you must. It is wasting nice screen space.
2. Why is does my home screen not rotate? The auto rotate is on. (It is working in the free free preview of the Start Trek book).
3. Where can I get this sleep cover that is mentioned on the Kobo Website? Is this product even made? I can't find it on anywhere. In fact finding a cover for the Arc isi proving to be very difficult. I purchased one that the Vox uses thinking it would work because it is the same size. Needless to say I don't like the fit on the cover.
4. Why did the owner's manual download but I couldn't open it? I had to email it to myself to use. What is the point of having an Arc then?

I haven't even downloaded or explored any of the books yet and I have several questions. This has me concerned because I did a lot of research on which product to use before settling on the Arc. I hope it gets better because right now I am really frustrated at the lack of products/information available on how to use it and its general use.
bo_bos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:30 AM   #40
scrapking
Evangelist
scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJD View Post
How is the battery life on the Arc for things like video, websurfing, Netflix, etc? I've seen mentions of 10 hours battery life, but this seems to be in relation to ebooks.
My partner is home recovering from surgery and using her Arc extensively (e-reading, Netflix, Facebook, you name it) and is charging it every second or third day. The battery life is waaaaaay better than what she got with her Vox.
scrapking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:10 AM   #41
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bo_bos View Post
I have just purchased my first tablet/e-reader of any kind. I go with the Kobo Arc and am a little frustrated at the moment.

1. How can I delete the Discovery Bar? I don't care what you have to say...put it in the Reading Tapestry if you must. It is wasting nice screen space.
2. Why is does my home screen not rotate? The auto rotate is on. (It is working in the free free preview of the Start Trek book).
3. Where can I get this sleep cover that is mentioned on the Kobo Website? Is this product even made? I can't find it on anywhere. In fact finding a cover for the Arc isi proving to be very difficult. I purchased one that the Vox uses thinking it would work because it is the same size. Needless to say I don't like the fit on the cover.
4. Why did the owner's manual download but I couldn't open it? I had to email it to myself to use. What is the point of having an Arc then?

I haven't even downloaded or explored any of the books yet and I have several questions. This has me concerned because I did a lot of research on which product to use before settling on the Arc. I hope it gets better because right now I am really frustrated at the lack of products/information available on how to use it and its general use.
Install Go Launcher to get rid of Tapestry etc on the home screen
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:15 AM   #42
GinRummy
GinRummy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GinRummy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GinRummy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GinRummy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GinRummy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GinRummy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GinRummy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GinRummy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GinRummy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GinRummy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GinRummy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanna View Post
For those who are on the fence, they're offering a $20 gift card if you order an Arc before November 25.
I assume this is for online orders only?
GinRummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:31 AM   #43
RareBird
Addict
RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by bo_bos View Post

I have an arc as well but can only speak to first and second questions. The discovery bar is part of the tapestries interface so I don't think you can get rid of it. As to your second question auto rotate on the home screen was not available with Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0). It wasn't introduced until Jelly Bean (Android 4.1). Kobo is working on releasing it.
RareBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:50 AM   #44
bo_bos
bo_bos began at the beginning.

Hi RareBird,

Thanks for explaining that technical side of this. I did not even consider something like this. Way out of my realm.
bo_bos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:06 AM   #45
RareBird
Addict
RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
No problem. I'm gald I helped at least a little. Personally for a case I just use a generic 7" tablet neoprene zip case to carry mine around. A book style case doesn't seem necessary to me but I know it appeals to many people. If you have any questions I'm sure you'll find all the help you need here.
RareBird is offline   Reply With Quote