Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-08-2012, 04:18 AM   #196
Katel
Evangelist
Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Still 2.0.4 here in Melbourne, Australia.
Katel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:14 AM   #197
Tintin
Enthusiast
Tintin has a spectacular aura aboutTintin has a spectacular aura aboutTintin has a spectacular aura aboutTintin has a spectacular aura aboutTintin has a spectacular aura aboutTintin has a spectacular aura aboutTintin has a spectacular aura aboutTintin has a spectacular aura aboutTintin has a spectacular aura aboutTintin has a spectacular aura aboutTintin has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Glo
Still hasn't appeared for me yet in Northern Ireland. Mind you, it is 1962 here.
Tintin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:45 AM   #198
TongueTied
Zealot
TongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
I've just performed an update of my KT. I was on 2.0.0 and after going through the complete update including a long download, update, restart and displaying the release notes, I am now updated to 2.0.0
TongueTied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:18 AM   #199
ltr
Addict
ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.

Device: Kindle PW-2
Quote:
Originally Posted by TongueTied View Post
I've just performed an update of my KT. I was on 2.0.0 and after going through the complete update including a long download, update, restart and displaying the release notes, I am now updated to 2.0.0
Same thing happened to me yesterday.

ltr
ltr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:14 AM   #200
leslie_ms
leslie_ms has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leslie_ms has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leslie_ms has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leslie_ms has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Wi-Fi, Kobo Touch, Kobo for Android
My KT is downloading the update now. Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing yet. I'll update later.

Update:

It updated to 2.1.4 and solved one problem, had no effect on another, and created one new problem.

Problem fixed: Slow page turns on side-loaded epubs.

Problem not fixed: Font size is different in epubs and kepubs.

New problem: Finished books are appearing on my home page and I can't get rid of them.

Last edited by leslie_ms; 10-08-2012 at 11:57 AM.
leslie_ms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:30 AM   #201
FJames
Addict
FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch & Aura
Same here in western Canada. Went through the whole factory reset and update cycle, only to find version 2.0.0. Uugh! Oh well, it takes too long to re-load 1.9.17, and I don't want to screw up my database yet again. I'll suffer for a few days and hope that Kobo gets moving a bit quicker on the 2.1.4 roll-out.

In addition to the reported problems of slow page turns and the bug of initially showing the cover of the previous book on shut-down, my pet peeve with 2.0 is that the clock is no longer available with one tap. I often check the time when I'm reading. There was no reason to remove the clock. Why are we going backwards?

Calibre 0.9.1 is working better for me. It can read my Kobo database again at least.

Last edited by FJames; 10-08-2012 at 08:36 PM.
FJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:16 PM   #202
vice-versa
whippet addict
vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura 6", Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DjeDJe_zr7 View Post
Hello vice-versa
Un de mes deux kobo touch c'est bien mis a jour la semaine dernière 2.1.4. Donc bien dispo en france, mais pour certaine version de kobo touch...

Hello vice versa
One of my two kobo touch was updated to 2.1.4 last week. Therefore available in France, but for some version of kobo touch ...

DjeDje
Bon à savoir, mais pour l'instant, je reste "scotchée" à la version 2.0.0. Reste plus qu'à attendre

Good to know, but as for now, still glued to 2.0.0 firmware. Wait and see...
vice-versa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:34 PM   #203
vice-versa
whippet addict
vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura 6", Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
If you mean what dictionaries are installed, go to Settings | Language and then edit what dictionaries are installed.
OK, I tried that, do you know if it's possible to add a dictionnary ? I'm french and my german is very rusted I'd like to have a german-french dictionnary (if I am to begin to read in german again) but couldn't find one already in the device. Is it possible to add one ? If yes, by what means ? If it's not possible, as I chose French as main language, do you think that german words will be translated to english as there is a german-english dictionnary on the device (that could do the trick) or it won't work at all ?

Last edited by vice-versa; 10-08-2012 at 04:18 PM.
vice-versa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:57 PM   #204
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by leslie_ms View Post

Problem not fixed: Font size is different in epubs and kepubs.
They are, but it saves size/font setting for each book individually so this is much less of an issue.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:30 PM   #205
fbrII
F. BluDevil
fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad3 pro, Kobo Libra, Kindle Paperwhite
Do a factory reset and expect an update to 2.0.0.

I had already been updated to 2.1.4. I ran into a problem with the available memory. This had nothing to do with the 2.1.4 firmware as I had been receiving disk full messages prior to the update. I did a factory reset to see if it would resolve the problem, which it did. However, I then found I was running the older 2.0.0 firmware and I have been stuck on 2.0.0 ever since.
fbrII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:11 AM   #206
Chocky
Addict
Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Touch
Still no update here in the UK

Steve
Chocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:44 AM   #207
MrBook69
MrBook69 can illuminate an eclipseMrBook69 can illuminate an eclipseMrBook69 can illuminate an eclipseMrBook69 can illuminate an eclipseMrBook69 can illuminate an eclipseMrBook69 can illuminate an eclipseMrBook69 can illuminate an eclipseMrBook69 can illuminate an eclipseMrBook69 can illuminate an eclipseMrBook69 can illuminate an eclipseMrBook69 can illuminate an eclipse

Device: none
Testing 2.1.4 then downgrade to 1.9.17+plugin:
- progress bar vanished ! (why remove this feature? it work and should be enhanced not removed)
- whishlist is really a bad thing if I couldn't remove it in parameters
- page number at bottom still not in parameters
MrBook69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:19 AM   #208
FJames
Addict
FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch & Aura
Instead of constantly re-designing the user interface according to some sort of internal logic, Kobo should put up a poll listing all the features (or maybe showing them graphically) and ask people to vote on which ones they like most.
FJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:27 AM   #209
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
@FJames... You mean like Microsoft does?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:33 AM   #210
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
One of the things to keep in mind is that the people who answer polls on MR are probably not typical Kobo users. For example, Kobo knows that most people continue to use Georgia , the default font, rather than try other ones. I doubt that is true here.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote