Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-29-2012, 11:23 PM   #31
pssquirrel
ebooknut
pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellShock View Post
T2 cautions ... I would add: clunky hardware buttons .... Perhaps it is just a Japanese preference?
Gee, I rather like the new buttons -- and I'm not Japanese, though I do like sushi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue2u View Post
I'd like to know what the 'Pottermore bundle' means exactly...
I can confirm that in the U.S. at least, it's a coupon in the box that can be redeemed for the first Harry Potter ebook at the Pottermore shop.
pssquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 05:50 AM   #32
trocchietto
Addict
trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony 650 ,T2, samsung 7.7, ipad2, ipad mini2, yotaphone2, galax tab s2
Quote:
Originally Posted by 300com View Post
I believe the covers for t1 and t2 are both interchangeable.
ok apologize, just gather info from the previous t2 thread.

I would like to know
1)if the issue I have with my prs650 "I cannot highlight too many pages otherwise goes really slowly" has been solved on T2
2)there are some rumors about the root procedure( more simple, less risky etc) cause or chess or die
3) can i underline the text to make a ierarchy between highlights and underlined notes?
I need to study putting different colors, notes etc

Last edited by trocchietto; 08-30-2012 at 05:56 AM.
trocchietto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 09:22 AM   #33
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by pssquirrel View Post
I can confirm that in the U.S. at least, it's a coupon in the box that can be redeemed for the first Harry Potter ebook at the Pottermore shop.
I'm in Canada and I saw that the coupon is also in the red box. The guy at the Sony store opened it for me, I didn't want him to, to show me the red device & it had the coupon in it. It wasn't an advert. It was the coupon because the redemption code was on the back of it. I would assume then the white one has it as well. At least for the first shipment of the units anyways.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 09:15 PM   #34
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frescard View Post
Probably nothing more than that you can get a free copy of the first Harry Potter book with it (as mentioned here and elsewhere).
Thanks to you and all who responded in kind. I love my T1, a 'cleaner' screen [more contrast] does appeal to me, and even longer battery life. However on my budget unless a scorching hot deal comes around, I won't be buying one any time soon. And I'm fine with that as my T1 is only a couple of months old anyways. Maybe next year, unless a great Boxing Day sale comes along...
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 09:05 AM   #35
ring0_event
Zealot
ring0_event can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ring0_event can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ring0_event can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ring0_event can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ring0_event can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ring0_event can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ring0_event can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ring0_event can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ring0_event can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ring0_event can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ring0_event can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kindle3 (3G), PRS-950 (x2), PRS-T1
Hello,
Could anyone tell me if text PDF reflowed page turns are faster on the T2 than the T1? On the T1, reflowing a text PDF seems to work, but page turns can be agonizingly long. Is this done better on the T2?
TIA!
ring0_event is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 11:29 AM   #36
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Bestbuy in Canada has the T1's on for $109.99 until Sept 6, if anyone's interested.
http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/...96833ed3ceen02
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 06:41 AM   #37
trocchietto
Addict
trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Bought!

with some disappointments I have to say there is not the well advertised function to contact libraries as far as I see ( I am in the Netherlands),
nice the function of the updated indeed, hope Sony will run several changes to improve this not perfect product, especially with the pdfs

overall I am satisfied, I can see more functionalities compared to the 650 bought two years ago.

As nook and amazon paperwhite did not announce any dutch dic, I am not intersted to the announced short terms products

Last edited by trocchietto; 09-05-2012 at 06:44 AM.
Old 09-05-2012, 07:54 AM   #38
trocchietto
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by trocchietto View Post
Bought!

with some disappointments I have to say there is not the well advertised function to contact libraries as far as I see ( I am in the Netherlands),
nice the function of the updated indeed, hope Sony will run several changes to improve this not perfect product, especially with the pdfs

overall I am satisfied, I can see more functionalities compared to the 650 bought two years ago.

As nook and amazon paperwhite did not announce any dutch dic, I am not intersted to the announced short terms products
2 super fat issues:
first

really serious: the 650 two years ago when scrolled the pages, did not cut perfectly the page so that in the new (half page) there was always some text more, usually 2 three rows, it took usually a couple of seconds to understand where I was reading, but considering that you want to read a book, everytime you scroll in landscape, oh my god you have to try to find with the eyes where you were before eliminating the first 2-3 lines. it is unbeliavable in my opinion that after two years and two other modelsSony Corporation did not provide few code rows to fix this
I am really disappointed, and I would ask to some Sony employee that is looking the forum to provide as fast as I can to fix that with an update, honestly I am thinking seriously to give back for this reason because the 6 inches screen is little and to read pdf or more evoluted document i must definetely switch to landscape.
I mean it is unaccetable that even on android that is not a specific reader system software like repligo reader and ezpdf, perfectly cut the pages

second:
the pdf the way the column are splitted is terrible, with ezpdf you double click and it zoom on one column, here not only I have to use the hard buttons and go in different options but also does not work, the same it happens when i zoom with the pinch and zoom , after pinched..I cannot use the dictionary?!

I mean there is android inside, do not be lazy in not improving such essential WELL KNOWN issues is terrible considering the state of art around of the super updated commercial android pdf apps.
please Sony provide with some update or at least make an official update to use android app.....
Old 09-06-2012, 06:02 PM   #39
nosnoop
Enthusiast
nosnoop is a rising star in the heavensnosnoop is a rising star in the heavensnosnoop is a rising star in the heavensnosnoop is a rising star in the heavensnosnoop is a rising star in the heavensnosnoop is a rising star in the heavensnosnoop is a rising star in the heavensnosnoop is a rising star in the heavensnosnoop is a rising star in the heavensnosnoop is a rising star in the heavensnosnoop is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kindle Paperwhite; PRS-T1
Canada Walmart $68 for T1, $48 for PRS-350

Walmart in Canada is clearing out the T1 for $68 and the PRS-350 for $48!

They have not had new stock for T1 for a while, so it would be whatever they have left. So you may need to call around to look for one.
nosnoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:29 PM   #40
trocchietto
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by trocchietto View Post
2 super fat issues:
first

really serious: the 650 two years ago when scrolled the pages, did not cut perfectly the page so that in the new (half page) there was always some text more, usually 2 three rows, it took usually a couple of seconds to understand where I was reading, but considering that you want to read a book, everytime you scroll in landscape, oh my god you have to try to find with the eyes where you were before eliminating the first 2-3 lines. it is unbeliavable in my opinion that after two years and two other modelsSony Corporation did not provide few code rows to fix this
I am really disappointed, and I would ask to some Sony employee that is looking the forum to provide as fast as I can to fix that with an update, honestly I am thinking seriously to give back for this reason because the 6 inches screen is little and to read pdf or more evoluted document i must definetely switch to landscape.
I mean it is unaccetable that even on android that is not a specific reader system software like repligo reader and ezpdf, perfectly cut the pages

second:
the pdf the way the column are splitted is terrible, with ezpdf you double click and it zoom on one column, here not only I have to use the hard buttons and go in different options but also does not work, the same it happens when i zoom with the pinch and zoom , after pinched..I cannot use the dictionary?!

I mean there is android inside, do not be lazy in not improving such essential WELL KNOWN issues is terrible considering the state of art around of the super updated commercial android pdf apps.
please Sony provide with some update or at least make an official update to use android app.....
First issue resolved... The developers did in customize view the possibility to cut exactly in landscape mode:2 thumbsup i apologize, i am trustful they will found easy an update as in the post a Little problem. That collections crash when try to open. Good job indeed, I am happy I did not wait for paper white, still apologize, but please keep the updates frequent, and give us an easy way to use android it is a perfect anti Kindle strategy