Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-22-2013, 04:54 PM   #24151
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Getting a very late start -- my back is screwing up my sleep. But the tea s hot and ready!
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 05:57 PM   #24152
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
a final coke zero for the day.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-22-2013, 05:58 PM   #24153
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Polished off the last Guinness in the frig .....
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:54 PM   #24154
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Jeremiah was a bullfrog
Was a good friend of mine
I never understood a single word he said
But I helped him a-drink his wine
And he always had some mighty fine wine
Singin'...

Joy to the world
All the boys and girls now
Joy to the fishes in the deep blue sea
Joy to you and me

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYBo-0XYMfw )

Good morning, all! In 1775, on this March day, Patrick Henry declared "Give me liberty, or give me death." The man knew what he was talking about... Freedom is a wonderful thing... if we remember to pay attention to the responsibilities that go along with it. My biggest responsibility right now is to keep an eye on the stove timer... I'm baking a foccacia for this morning's breakfast. I'm already half-way into my first mug of Ahmad's "English Breakfast" tea, and still lovin' every sip. For an inexpensive blend, Ahmad does one heck of a job with this one! Thank you, Ahmad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Rioja in my glass as I relax with an episode of Pointless.
Isn't watching that sort of an exercise in futility?

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:50 PM   #24155
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
First live show in the bag, not exactly flawless, but still well done! Now to try and get some sleep before we do it all over again... TWICE tomorrow....
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-23-2013, 12:43 AM   #24156
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 03:45 AM   #24157
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
First live show in the bag, not exactly flawless, but still well done! Now to try and get some sleep before we do it all over again... TWICE tomorrow....
My guess is that the audience never even noticed. I'm sure they loved it! And it will be even better tomorrow.

Time now for a late afternoon cup of unbranded Keemun tea!

Stitchawl
Old 03-23-2013, 06:53 AM   #24158
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Isn't watching that sort of an exercise in futility?
It is an aptly named quiz show, but as it's on daily and I record it, I now have over 60 episodes to catch up on, so have to keep watching the damn thing at every opportunity I get, whether I like it or not!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
What Stitchawl said. Audiences are generally very forgiving. Though my daughter has just been a Brecht play which has been the worst acting experience of her life, and for which the audience did complain afterwards. All the tech went wrong, leaving the actors stranded at critical moments, and then to top it all off the leading actress had to run off at the end and ran straight into the scenery, knocking it all over. A real triumph...

Hot coffee in my cup as I sit shivering in my study, looking out across a snowbound landscape. It does look Christmas Card pretty, but for goodness sake, it's nearly April!
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 07:14 AM   #24159
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Quote:
It is
Hot coffee in my cup as I sit shivering in my study, looking out across a snowbound landscape. It does look Christmas Card pretty, but for goodness sake, it's nearly April!
Our snow has melted, but there is a fierce cold wind with a chill-factor of minus 15 degrees predicted for tomorrow.

Another 4 days and I'll be going to someplace warmer. By plane to Tashjkent and then the train to Samarkand, that is a beautiful city that I partly saw last year, but I wanted to go back to see the rest.

In my cup: cold rooibos+vanilla
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 07:31 AM   #24160
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Have fun desertblues. I envy you the excitement and the warmer weather.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 07:41 AM   #24161
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Have fun desertblues. I envy you the excitement and the warmer weather.
Thank you, Orlok, I'm getting in the mood for travelling now; can't hardly wait to be going.

Spoiler:
From the Fellowship of the Ring, Book I, Chapter 1. The song is sung by Bilbo when he leaves the Shire. He has given up the One Ring, leaving it for Frodo to deal with, and is setting off to visit Rivendell, so that he may finish writing his book.

The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say.

in my cup: cold rooibostea. I don't have the stomach yet for coffee.
Old 03-23-2013, 07:49 AM   #24162
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post
Our snow has melted, but there is a fierce cold wind with a chill-factor of minus 15 degrees predicted for tomorrow.

Another 4 days and I'll be going to someplace warmer. By plane to Tashjkent and then the train to Samarkand, that is a beautiful city that I partly saw last year, but I wanted to go back to see the rest.

In my cup: cold rooibos+vanilla
De-lurking here to say my usual to you:

Have fun!
Be careful!
Take pictures!
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:07 AM   #24163
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Y'all are probably right. Some of the mistakes they would have noticed (ie, 5-10 seconds complete black out of all lights - ops) but some they definitely would not (dropped line here and there).

It will get better. IME the first night is the worst night to see a live performance if your into perfection. The 2pm show today has been sold out for a while, and there is some magic that sold out audience brings to the stage. This showing traditionally is one of our best runs. I wonder if most people understand how much the audience impacts the show... a dead one kills a play, a full house of living energy makes every thing better.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:09 AM   #24164
desertblues
Home for the moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones6416 View Post
De-lurking here to say my usual to you:

Have fun!
Be careful!
Take pictures!
Thank you, Betty, I will do all three; I think the first and last the most

Have you moved out and over yet to your new house? And all settled in?
Take care,

in my cup: water
Old 03-23-2013, 08:39 AM   #24165
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
and then to top it all off the leading actress had to run off at the end and ran straight into the scenery, knocking it all over. A real triumph...
I can empathize. The last time I acted in a play, I was one of Peter Pan's "Lost Boys" (typecast?) it was my responsibility to place the 'roof' over sleeping Wendy while we sang 'we'll be quiet as a mouse and build a lovely little house for Wendy. Darling Wendy...' and I tripped, fell with the roof crushing darling Wendy under me and the roof. Very traumatic. I never acted again. I was 11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post
I am soooo envious! You will have such an incredible adventure! I can't wait to see your pictures of the trip! Enjoy!

Time now for me to sit back with a glass of tequila and watch a movie.

Stitchawl

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?