Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 07-28-2010, 03:25 PM   #1
FourGold
Opinionated
FourGold will become famous soon enoughFourGold will become famous soon enoughFourGold will become famous soon enoughFourGold will become famous soon enoughFourGold will become famous soon enoughFourGold will become famous soon enough

Device: Pixel 7,Kindle Oasis,Fire 8
Mobi Dedrm plugin problems

I'm not sure if this topic is ok-if not I apologize in advance.
I'm hoping someone has some ideas why this plugin is not working for me. It is installed and shows up under file preferences,but when I run it it returns the message: could not convert,it is a DRM'd file,you must remove the DRM using third party tools.
I think the problem is the PIDs. The books I want to convert were all purchased from Fictionwise and I re-downloaded fresh copies,then copy/pasted the PIDs directly from my account @ Fictionwise ,so I can't understand why this isn't working.
I hope someone can help,I just want to read books I paid for, on my Nook!
thanks,
Nancy
FourGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 03:59 PM   #2
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
It may depend on your script. There are scrips that look specifically for ebooks with a .prc extension and some with .azw and some with .mobi extensions.
If your script looks for .azw and the file you downloaded ends with .prc the script is not going to work.
That would be the first thing I would check. I would also check to make sure the plugin is active...

The way the script normally works is that it does is remove the DRM and adds the book to the library. The error you are getting tells me that either the script is not working right or it is not active
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-28-2010, 04:46 PM   #3
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcuadro View Post
The way the script normally works..
Hypothetically speaking, of course
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 05:05 PM   #4
FourGold
Opinionated
FourGold will become famous soon enoughFourGold will become famous soon enoughFourGold will become famous soon enoughFourGold will become famous soon enoughFourGold will become famous soon enoughFourGold will become famous soon enough

Hypothetically,how would I check to see if the script is active? I am running Windows 7 64 bit on my computer and Ubuntu on my old laptop and I get the same error message on both. It is Mobi DeDRM 0.1.6. configured as a plugin.
and thanks for the replies!
Old 07-28-2010, 05:10 PM   #5
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Easy. Go to preferences then plugins and then go to the filetype plugins.
If the puzzle piece is green like on this picture then the plugin is active.
The more I think about it I bet your script is looking for a file type other than what you are importing.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2010-07-28 at 5.07.44 PM.png
Views:	3255
Size:	269.7 KB
ID:	55847  
Advert
Old 07-28-2010, 05:39 PM   #6
FourGold
Opinionated

The plugin is definitely active then . I bet you are right- I think I found the plugin on a Kindle blog. Darn, I had great hope for this since I am not tech savy enough to run the script in Python.
thanks again
Old 07-28-2010, 06:35 PM   #7
rcuadro
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourGold View Post
The plugin is definitely active then . I bet you are right- I think I found the plugin on a Kindle blog. Darn, I had great hope for this since I am not tech savy enough to run the script in Python.
thanks again
It is an easy fix really. At one point I changed the script for azw, prc, and mobi...

Perhaps it is time to move this to PM's
Old 07-28-2010, 11:02 PM   #8
da_jane
Evangelist
da_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enough

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 | Kindle Paperwhite | iPad Mini
can the script run without installation of python and pycrypto?
da_jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 06:51 AM   #9
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by da_jane View Post
can the script run without installation of python and pycrypto?
Yes. It uses the python installed as part of Calibre. MobiDeDRM doesn't need pycrypto.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 01:34 PM   #10
FourGold
Opinionated

A forum member(thanks Rob!) was kind enough to send me a script which should work and it didn't. Is there any kind of log file which would help me find out where the problem is ?

Tags
calibre, fictionwise, mobi dedrm