Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > BeBook

Notices

Old 02-02-2009, 10:47 PM   #1
socalpimp
socalpimp began at the beginning.

Device: prs505(broken), Bebook
Bebook and Calibre

I had a lot of luck using Calibre with my sony prs-505. What is the best format, (epub, mobi, lrf), from Calibre that works well with Bebook? Or does the firmware do a good enough job without having to convert?

Most of my books are being converted from Txt or Lit.

Thanks
socalpimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 01:30 AM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
LRF isn't available on the BeBook. I suggest trying epub and MOBI to see which you like better. I went with MOBI. Note that LIT is also handled in principle, but I think MOBI is better.

If all you have is DRM-free ebooks, then it is well worth looking into OpenInkPot. Then MOBI will be handled by FBReader, but ePub can use either FBReader or Cool Reader 3.

Last edited by wallcraft; 02-03-2009 at 01:39 AM.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2009, 02:54 AM   #3
sianon
Addict
sianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony 500, Bebook, Kindle, Eco reader Drs and soon the Archos 9
Definatley the mobi format, I really don't like the way epub displays on the BeBook, however mobi seems quite reasonable now. There is also a new firmware upgrade whcih was due out yesterday which is stated to further improve mobi by allowing you to select alternative fonts (beyond the three built in options).
sianon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 10:20 AM   #4
socalpimp
socalpimp began at the beginning.

Device: prs505(broken), Bebook
cool thanks, my bebook should be here soon. Just working now on converting the books.
socalpimp is offline   Reply With Quote