Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 05-17-2012, 03:24 AM   #91
ianrob99
ianrob99 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Prs650
I use calibre mainly to manage my Sony 650. Use the conversion to allow me to move books onto the Sony fromvarious sources for personal use.
ianrob99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 06:30 AM   #92
sapphiresilver
Connoisseur
sapphiresilver , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sapphiresilver , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sapphiresilver , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sapphiresilver , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sapphiresilver , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sapphiresilver , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sapphiresilver , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sapphiresilver , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sapphiresilver , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sapphiresilver , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sapphiresilver , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Amazon Oasis 2, Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro
I use Calibre to manage all my books, sort them by genre, series, author or how much I liked the book, fix formatting issues, back books up (Dropbox) and put them on my Kindle. I don't keep many books on my Kindle at once, so Calibre is really helpful for sorting out my TBR list.
sapphiresilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-20-2012, 06:52 AM   #93
Fozzybear
Enthusiast
Fozzybear is that somebody.Fozzybear is that somebody.Fozzybear is that somebody.Fozzybear is that somebody.Fozzybear is that somebody.Fozzybear is that somebody.Fozzybear is that somebody.Fozzybear is that somebody.Fozzybear is that somebody.Fozzybear is that somebody.Fozzybear is that somebody.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G
I used it a couple of times to put RSS news on my kindle but wasn't really reading them so now it just sits on my computer pretty much unused. At some point I'll uninstall it as I don't really know how to use it or see much need for it - if I want to backup my kindle I just drag the whole set of files off it onto my backup hard drive.
Fozzybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 06:59 AM   #94
kleinste
Nameless Being

I'm still pretty foggy on all of the features of Calibre, but I use it to:
- sort out funky metadata if I get a book from a questionable source (ie TPB)
- make multiple copies of a book in a few different formats
- strip DRM

I have well over 1,000 ebooks, though, so I'm going to have to start working out how to use it to mark which books I've read and which books I haven't... It's just too time consuming to do that on the Kindle itself!

Edit: Hmm, well, after posting this, I went and did just that! I've started to use 'read' and 'to be read' tags on Calibre. There must be an easier way to too this... *shrewd stare*

Last edited by kleinste; 05-20-2012 at 06:45 PM.
Old 05-20-2012, 10:20 PM   #95
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Quote:
Originally Posted by kleinste View Post
I'm still pretty foggy on all of the features of Calibre, but I use it to:
- sort out funky metadata if I get a book from a questionable source (ie TPB)
- make multiple copies of a book in a few different formats
- strip DRM

I have well over 1,000 ebooks, though, so I'm going to have to start working out how to use it to mark which books I've read and which books I haven't... It's just too time consuming to do that on the Kindle itself!

Edit: Hmm, well, after posting this, I went and did just that! I've started to use 'read' and 'to be read' tags on Calibre. There must be an easier way to too this... *shrewd stare*
There's a plugin that will allow for a yes/no column to indicate read or not.
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-20-2012, 10:51 PM   #96
toddos
Guru
toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Nokia Lumia 920 (Freda)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdesja5 View Post
There's a plugin that will allow for a yes/no column to indicate read or not.
Or you can just create a new custom column for that, no need for a plugin.
toddos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 09:21 AM   #97
aardbewoner
Grumpy
aardbewoner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aardbewoner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aardbewoner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aardbewoner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aardbewoner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aardbewoner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aardbewoner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aardbewoner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aardbewoner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aardbewoner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aardbewoner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: linux computers ,raspberry
Use Calibre to read books on my computer, and convert books to epub, as this hold a long suport promise. Calibre is great to manage all my books,sort and mark read.
aardbewoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 02:58 PM   #98
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
I have two calibre libraries, one to sort my ebooks, and the other sorts my ecomics.

Mostly, I just use it to keep track of my stuff, so I don't lose it.
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 10:24 AM   #99
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddos View Post
Or you can just create a new custom column for that, no need for a plugin.
I just did this to my collection. Very nice! Now I have a much better idea what books I need to sync with my reader
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre