Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-04-2008, 05:08 PM   #1
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Houston -- We have liftoff!!

Elsie, Ralph Sir Edward, Vivaldi Rules, Earl (Ralph's brother) and I are all at Panera eagerly awaiting NatCh and the Unicorn.

Ta daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 05:26 PM   #2
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Vivaldi showed up with a large sign sporting the MobileRead logo. As we walked up to Panera Bread -- and finding the place was a distinct challenge -- he was seated by the entrance. Ricky was inside, having just picked up her sandwich for lunch. We decided to grab a couple of small table and of course the devices came out and got passed around the table.

More later.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 05:29 PM   #3
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad, MotoXStyle, OnePlusOne
Just a request to take a lot of pictures for those of us who aren't there.

Especially a shot of all the gadgets that showed up when everyone's there

Enjoy!
bbusybookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 05:55 PM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Also be sure and let us know what the group thinks of the new Sony 700.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 06:24 PM   #5
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
Slainte. I'm raising a glass of Caol Ila to you at the moment (with apologies if you're in a dry county). Enjoy...
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 07:15 PM   #6
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
Also be sure and let us know what the group thinks of the new Sony 700.
No one brought one. NatCH says that he applied to review one, but hasn't gotten one.

Oh yes -- should say that NatCH and Amalthia showed up later.

Last edited by Elsi; 10-04-2008 at 07:17 PM.
Old 10-04-2008, 07:24 PM   #7
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Man this table is absolutely crammed with tech!
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 08:02 PM   #8
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist
BookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 2
Are people looking at you funny because everyone in the group is busy typing on their computers and mobile devices instead of talking to each other? Or are the other restaurant patrons curious enough to stop at the table and ask about all the electronic hoopla?

<sigh> I wish I was there with you.

Dreamer
BookishDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 09:21 PM   #9
Elsi
Wizard

Ricky has pictures -- or people and stuff. Hoping she'll have time to upload later tonight.
Old 10-04-2008, 11:11 PM   #10
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

And, if I don't .... I will definitely do it when I get home.

I am currently starting to crash. Long drive followed by six hours in the Panera Bread Co (talking until I am hoarse) .... I have hit "the wall" .... hard.

Should be unconscious before too long.
Old 10-05-2008, 12:32 AM   #11
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It was great getting to meet and visit with everyone!

Ricky -- you didn't say: did you go back and get those books autographed?
Old 10-05-2008, 10:21 AM   #12
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
I had a great time and was very happy to meet everyone. I have now finally seen an ebook reader in someone else's hands beside my own. Yay!! I learned about the Asus EEE (I think I'll wait), the Kindle (very nice; I want one), the Cybook Gens 1 and 3 (both impressive, in my opinion), the Rocketbook (almost but that's okay, just curious anyway), and the coolest device which was Ricky's Livescribe Pulse Pen (I have to find an excuse to buy one). I also learned about Aggies, armadillos, Lake Buck-Cannon, early computers, ideas for future avatars, fan fiction, and gun carrying laws (no one was packing, as far as I'm aware). And I have nicely bound copy of East of Eden (thanks again, Ralph). I did eventually have to leave and find my car (took me most of an hour; I almost called a taxi instead). I have to say I'm a bit wasted this morning - one too many Zany Carter Deluxes. Did you know that Panera Bread sells those with iced tea chasers? So when's the retour (add your own damn accents)?

Last edited by vivaldirules; 10-05-2008 at 10:23 AM.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 11:51 AM   #13
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
It was great getting to meet and visit with everyone!

Ricky -- you didn't say: did you go back and get those books autographed?
No .... much, much too embarrassed. I just sort of slunk out of there with an extremely red face.
Old 10-05-2008, 11:53 AM   #14
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Autographed by whom?
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 05:42 PM   #15
NatCh
Gizmologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Autographed by whom?
By the author, of course!