Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 08-06-2011, 05:12 PM   #31
arcticmaniac
Connoisseur
arcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipse

Device: entourage pe
Quote:
Originally Posted by SatyrsLynx View Post
I got it from this link:
https://www.facebook.com/topic.php?u...08&topic=15691

And it works great. I d/l'ed it directly to my eDGe from it's browser, not through my laptop.
anyone actually uses facebook??
arcticmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 12:08 AM   #32
garyhgaryh
Zealot
garyhgaryh began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge
Facebook works great.

Does anyone have the apk for the market enabler?

Never mind, I got it: http://code.google.com/p/market-enabler/
Gary

Last edited by garyhgaryh; 08-08-2011 at 12:58 AM.
garyhgaryh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 07:12 AM   #33
peace928
peace928 began at the beginning.

Device: EntourageEdge PocketEdge
Skype for Pocket EDGE

hi, i just received EDGE Dualbook yesterday, and have installed a few applications without root it from www.freewarelovers.com. the applications include QQ (China's mot popular chat platform), Fring, WiFinder, Elixir, all working fine. but when i try to install skype, always have problem - cannot sign in (hung) or display error message - have to stop unexpectedly. Fring included access to skype before but stop now. anyone have install skype successful? please help.
peace928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 12:50 PM   #34
Edward_R
Zealot
Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Pacific Northwest (about 35 miles northeast of Seattle)
Device: K3 / HP 10" Tablet (FBreader Installed)
I was redirected from andAPPS to http://www.soc.io/ has anybody else installed the mall ?
Edward_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 07:26 PM   #35
peace928
peace928 began at the beginning.

Device: EntourageEdge PocketEdge
found skype apk unexpected. thanks to ptsenter. here is the link: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?p=1597748
peace928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 01:50 AM   #36
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Peace, I'm glad you found it!

Edward_R, yes I have installed the soc.io mall. So far it's no great shakes, but that might change. In fact, I haven't looked at it for a couple of weeks now so maybe it already has changed!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 11:16 PM   #37
Benjiboi
Benjiboi began at the beginning.

Device: enTourage Pocket Edge
Best solution so far

Best solution I've found so far is to use my Android phone (Moto Droid) to download whatever I want, then use ASTRO file manager to back up the apk's and transfer them from sdcard/backup onto my pocket Edge.

Some apps still don't work properly/at all, generally those requiring the "universal" Google account integration such as GMail, Calendar, Market, and YouTube (for anything requiring authentication: favorites, 18+ content, etc).
Benjiboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 12:51 AM   #38
ptsenter
Addict
ptsenter has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kobo eReader Wireless
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjiboi View Post
Best solution I've found so far is to use my Android phone (Moto Droid) to download whatever I want, then use ASTRO file manager to back up the apk's and transfer them from sdcard/backup onto my pocket Edge.

Some apps still don't work properly/at all, generally those requiring the "universal" Google account integration such as GMail, Calendar, Market, and YouTube (for anything requiring authentication: favorites, 18+ content, etc).
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=141833

Everything but Market works.
ptsenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 12:40 PM   #39
fred4231
fred4231 began at the beginning.

Device: None
I recived a Pocket eDge on Saturday. I have it running on 2.2. I want to load some apps on it but don't know what to do once I have the APK files on my PC. How and where do I download the files? How do I initiate them? Alse, how can I save an internet search and initiate with an icon? I know these are basic questions and I apologize for being ignorant in the ways of Android. Wish there was a primer on the basic of PE.

Fred
fred4231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 01:46 PM   #40
Edward_R
Zealot
Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Pacific Northwest (about 35 miles northeast of Seattle)
Device: K3 / HP 10" Tablet (FBreader Installed)
As far as the APK's I put mine on an USB drive and connect the drive to my PE, then use the device storage icon to navigate to the USB drive and install the APK's.
Edward_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 02:51 PM   #41
tekknogenius
Groupie
tekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheese

Device: Pocket Edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by fred4231 View Post
I recived a Pocket eDge on Saturday. I have it running on 2.2. I want to load some apps on it but don't know what to do once I have the APK files on my PC. How and where do I download the files? How do I initiate them? Alse, how can I save an internet search and initiate with an icon? I know these are basic questions and I apologize for being ignorant in the ways of Android. Wish there was a primer on the basic of PE.

Fred
If you have gmail installed on your Pocket eDGe then just email them to yourself from the PC. When you open the email on the Pocket eDGe it will have an install button next to the apk attachment. You can also connect your Pocket eDGe to the PC via the supplied USB cable (your Pocket eDGe will show up as a storage device on your PC). Then on your Pocket eDGe using a file explorer (download es file explorer from the developers site) click on the apk file to install it.

Last edited by tekknogenius; 09-19-2011 at 02:56 PM.
tekknogenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 03:13 PM   #42
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Hi Fred!

The Pocket eDGe User Guide (tap Library, then Books and you'll see it) is a pretty good primer! It doesn't cover everything you need to know about Android, but it explains the PE functions. You can navigate around within it using the table of contents.

Good luck!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 05:30 PM   #43
fred4231
fred4231 began at the beginning.

Device: None
Filark, tekknogenius, Edward_R--- Thanks for the input, it is greatly appreciated.

Fred
fred4231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 08:36 PM   #44
wmocny
wmocny began at the beginning.

Device: PocketEdge
Hello,

New to the forums, being my first post, but I have used these forums already extensively in the last 2 days to upgrade and improve my edge and I'm excited to use this device more. In terms of Apps I was wondering if anyone was able to get the pandora or google talk apps to function. In both cases I installed the apk files then when I open the app it force closes. I also installed voice search but it wont recognize the microphone in the pocket edge. I am currently running a rooted 2.2 android pocket edge. Any ideas?
wmocny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 09:39 PM   #45
ptsenter
Addict
ptsenter has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kobo eReader Wireless
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmocny View Post
Hello,

New to the forums, being my first post, but I have used these forums already extensively in the last 2 days to upgrade and improve my edge and I'm excited to use this device more. In terms of Apps I was wondering if anyone was able to get the pandora or google talk apps to function. In both cases I installed the apk files then when I open the app it force closes. I also installed voice search but it wont recognize the microphone in the pocket edge. I am currently running a rooted 2.2 android pocket edge. Any ideas?
Google talk and Voice Search work if installed with Ermine 1.xxx

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=141833

My guess is some components are missing.
What's missing and what's wrong with Pandora - get logcat.
Search this forum for my posts with "logcat" where I explained how to get the log and post it here.
ptsenter is offline   Reply With Quote