Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 12-29-2009, 07:10 AM   #46
tobysgranny
tobysgranny began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-300
HELP!! I still can't download the Sony Library and therefore cannot get started. The installation process goes so far and then shows an error message. I've tried on my PC and also my laptop and the same error notice keeps coming up. What am I doing wrong?
tobysgranny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 07:15 AM   #47
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobysgranny View Post
HELP!! I still can't download the Sony Library and therefore cannot get started. The installation process goes so far and then shows an error message. I've tried on my PC and also my laptop and the same error notice keeps coming up. What am I doing wrong?
Have you contacted Sony Support? Have you read the threads here with various suggestions? Such as adding an exception to Vista, disabling all firewalls when installing, etc. etc.

Best bet is to talk to Sony.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2009, 02:50 PM   #48
headless40
headless40 began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader pocket edition
I had the same problem but got it to download ok when i switched my firewall off
headless40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 01:04 PM   #49
uglyjoe
uglyjoe began at the beginning.

Device: prs-600
I had the same problem, in the end, I took the reader back to the sony shop, they put the program on my reader, I took it off the reader,onto my desktop, double clicked it, and it was all done in a couple of minutes.
That was after I had spent hours trying to download it.
uglyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 01:36 AM   #50
idraw22
Zealot
idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite, Kindle 3, jetbook mini, sony clie, sony prs-T1
Happy New Year!

From reading this, I can see that when I get my Sony Pocket Reader, I'm not gonna install the library software. I guess I'll be a drag and dropper. Hopefully, I won't get any gilitches in that.
idraw22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2010, 09:12 PM   #51
kat1008
kat1008 began at the beginning.

Device: sony touch screen e reader
I have read the threads...I have downloaded and will continue to download. I want this gift to work in the worst way. When I connect the usb cable the library comes up but I cannot purchase any books...I was able to delete the books that are preloaded (as I never learned any other language but English). Any suggestions? I hope that the main problem isn't the fact that I have dial-up as that is all I have access to.
kat1008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 09:22 PM   #52
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat1008 View Post
I have read the threads...I have downloaded and will continue to download. I want this gift to work in the worst way. When I connect the usb cable the library comes up but I cannot purchase any books...I was able to delete the books that are preloaded (as I never learned any other language but English). Any suggestions? I hope that the main problem isn't the fact that I have dial-up as that is all I have access to.
I"m not sure what you mean by you can't purchase any books?

Are you in the U.S. or outside?
Old 01-04-2010, 09:03 PM   #53
kat1008
kat1008 began at the beginning.

Device: sony touch screen e reader
I am in the US. I have been able to download the library 3.1 but I can't get the library to work. I have the reader library open, but the store says to check my internet connection and I am already online. I could delete the preloaded books but I cannot purchase any book because I can't sign into the store.
kat1008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 09:39 PM   #54
kennyc

Quote:
I am in the US. I have been able to download the library 3.1 but I can't get the library to work. I have the reader library open, but the store says to check my internet connection and I am already online. I could delete the preloaded books but I cannot purchase any book because I can't sign into the store.
What operating system?

There have been issues with Vista -- particularly with firewalls and having to add an DEP exception.

There are a couple threads that talk about it.
Old 01-05-2010, 12:53 AM   #55
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Quote:
I wonder if it is a problem with a time out on a dial up connection?

I found this on the Adobe site so this part may work. Let us know if this helps. (the Library may be open but sometimes it takes a while for the Sony store to open and you may time out)

Quote:
To stop your dial-up connection from disconnecting during a download, go to your Network and Dial-up Connections control panel. In the options tab, set "Idle time before hanging up" to "never."
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
library, pocket, problem, reader, sony