Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-12-2009, 03:27 PM   #46
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
**seriously.... what was the original plan to be used for and where?**
Seriously: As I've had comments in the past as to characters whose descriptions did not necessarily match what the readers pictured, I thought this would help to suggest "looks" for the characters, for those who like them.

This is just another attempt at word-of-mouth promotion of my novel, since I don't have an advertising budget, and don't like to resort to spamming sites. I mean, I thought $3.50, well-produced in multiple formats and no DRM might be something they'd be happy to mention! And I didn't even rate a front-page notice around here! Whatever happened to shameless promotion? Ya gotta work at everything now!

Oohhh, times are tough, y'know? I called a publisher to try to sell my book, and when he heard it was me, he told me to pay him!

Y'know, I tried to have the book vanity-printed. I told the printer it was an e-book, and he said he'd call me when he got in his shipment of e-paper!

I went home and told my wife about it... I said, they're all prejudiced against e-books, because they're too small to hold in your hand! She said that's a shame, because you've got plenty of experience in things that are too small to hold in your hand! I tell ya, I get no respect, no respect at all!

...oohhh, did I just channel Rodney Dangerfield? I hate it when I do that (his ties look awful on me)! I probably should've given him the Vasqual role...
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
casting, characters, new book, steve jordan