Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 10-03-2012, 01:38 PM   #1
jasoraso
Addict
jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Touch, Nook Color (rooted) and Samsung Galaxy Nexus
New reader: Fabrik - syncs using dropbox

There's a new reader I found on XDA that is being developed called Fabrik. The developer is still adding features, but it is already quite usable. One of the greatest features compared to all the other Android readers is its integration with Dropbox. It uses dropbox to store books, as well as reading information for those books, including syncing your location for reading in the books.

There are other android reader apps that have an extra app to sync (to dropbox or otherwise), but this is the first one I've found that syncs automatically and without an extra app.

give it a shot:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...d=es.icereader
jasoraso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 04:26 PM   #2
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Pixel 6, Moto G9 Power (both with Fbreader) & Kindle PW2
This sounds interesting, if the Dropbox sync of location works as advertised. I don't have two devices with me at the moment, but I'll give Fabrik a shot tonight on my S3 and Nexus 7.

One thing I did notice that is still missing in the formatting: no italics ...
Moe The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2012, 06:30 PM   #3
MorganM
Fanatic
MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2o
Wow that looks cool. Going to download it for a look see.
MorganM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:05 PM   #4
Croptop
Groupie
Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Aura One, Pixel 8 Pro
Thanks for the heads up on this app. I'll be keeping my eye on it.
Croptop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:42 PM   #5
darksaber35
Banned
darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a dead as PARROT Kindle keyboard 3G,NEXUS 7 and Proud Of It
Overall im impressed, i tried both Epub and mobi format books and they both work.The only downside to the mobi books is that the paragraphs don't show up like most third party book readers seem to do.

Although if i read the same books in with the amazon App or moon+reader pro the paragraphs display fine.It's certainly not the most handsome ebook reader but it does have turn page animations if you like those and if you don't you can turn it off.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-10-04-01-08-03.png
Views:	311
Size:	396.7 KB
ID:	93341   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-10-04-01-13-10.png
Views:	320
Size:	736.4 KB
ID:	93342   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-10-04-01-14-27.png
Views:	282
Size:	188.2 KB
ID:	93343   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-10-04-01-08-26.jpg
Views:	298
Size:	192.1 KB
ID:	93344  

Last edited by darksaber35; 10-05-2012 at 05:59 PM.
darksaber35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2012, 10:37 PM   #6
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've tried the Dropbox sync, using my S3 and Nexus 7. It seems to work well. The only issue (if it can be called that) is the difference in screen-size between the S3 and the Nexus 7. With a bigger screen, the Nexus obviously has more text-per-screen. Fabrik, when syncing, seems to sync whatever word was at the top-left corner of the screen. So, if I stop reading on the Nexus near the bottom of the screen, when I fire up Fabrik later on my S3, it brings me to whatever word or sentence was on the top-left corner of the Nexus when I stopped. However, the place I actually stopped reading, near the bottom of the Nexus screen, is actually a couple of page-turns further along on the S3. Not a big issue and I don't know how else it could be handled, given the difference in screen sizes of the two devices.

I've also noticed a few places where, with the text fully justified, an 's appears on the next line. For example, "He was Bob's best friend ..." might appear as

"He was Bob
's best friend ..."

It should be wrapping after the 's, not before it.

Also, as mentioned above, there's some formatting missing, especially italics.

Last edited by Moe The Cat; 10-04-2012 at 10:10 AM. Reason: Typo!
Old 10-04-2012, 01:13 PM   #7
Eskarina
Zealot
Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.

Device: NOOKColor (sdCM7), Kindle 4
I tried it out and it's very nice but it doesn't show italics or bold text.

Sticking with Mantano.
Eskarina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:16 PM   #8
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskarina View Post
I tried it out and it's very nice but it doesn't show italics or bold text.

Sticking with Mantano.
The developer is constantly working on it, so I'm hoping italics will be here soon!
Old 10-13-2012, 09:52 PM   #9
nor11wan
nor11wan began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hi there,am a non-techie guy,need some help as to "How does the sync.works"
at the moment I have a Galaxy Note,which I use as a phone and read my e-books (epub)
am thinking of getting the Galaxy 10.1 so that I can read at home if I know how
to pair the two
tks
nor11wan is offline   Reply With Quote