Notices

Old 02-03-2011, 10:49 AM   #1
hiperlink
Enthusiast
hiperlink began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi only
convert to PDF margin size ignored?

Hi All,

I'm trying to convert one of my custom recipes to PDF format, using the following command:

Code:
ebook-convert some.recipe some.pdf  \
--smarten-punctuation \
--paper-size a4 \
--pretty-print \
--extra-css 'body { background-color: white; color: black }' \
--preserve-cover-aspect-ratio \
--insert-blank-line \
--margin-bottom 72.0 \
--margin-top 72.0 \
--margin-left 72.0 \
--margin-right 72.0 \
-vv | tee conv_2pdf_debug.log
But the output shows that the some of the article-pages does not have the expected margins at top and bottom. Screenshot can be seen at: http://imgur.com/KS2B7

(I don't mess with margins in the recipe file.)

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any help!
hiperlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 10:55 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
There's a bug in PDF output that causes it to ignore top and bottom margins.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2011, 10:58 AM   #3
hiperlink
Enthusiast
hiperlink began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi only
Thanks for you answer! Should I submit it?
hiperlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 11:00 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
no there's already a bug report for it
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
conversion, error, margins, pagelayout, pdf