Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 06-14-2006, 07:38 AM   #106
TaKir
Keine Ursache! ))
TaKir is on a distinguished road

Device: Lbook V8 & V3_Vizplex
2 THJahar:
The second screen is mostly for operating with options of a book (settings, calendar, date&time, mp3, system sound, menu language) and so on.

There is a stylus in V8, but yu can use what you want for input (pen, matches, fingers etc.)

But it also has a simple "paintbrush", so you can use handwriting to draw and make notes.

But as a beta-tester )), I use localized version of OS and software, so I still cann't save theese notes and drawings. I can only put them to the main screen. Save button doesn't work in my software version.
I have no idea, if I would be able to save them using chinese software out of a box...

Last edited by TaKir; 06-14-2006 at 07:46 AM.
TaKir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 09:12 AM   #107
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
Since the Chinese version has been on the market since january, I think this should work. Why it doesn't work in a localized version is unclear to me...all they do is translate the Os isn't it?
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 09:57 AM   #108
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
maybe nobody translated the save button yet
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 10:01 AM   #109
TaKir
Keine Ursache! ))

- Translation of OS
- Changes in UI
- Changes in HTML, TXT, Wolf viewer
- New font tables..
other changes... i'm not a programmer, can be mistaken...
Old 06-14-2006, 10:48 AM   #110
jasmine
jasmine began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snappy!
The price is $359 ($299 + $60) direct from jinke. At least that's the quote I got. Still wondering if I should get it or wait for V2.
Thank you for your information, and one last question, how did you get the quote from jinke, just contact them by the e-mail? if the price is only $299, which is almost $130 less than the price we can get in china, I will definitely go ahead order this...
jasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 01:05 PM   #111
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

@TaKir

Could you perhaps send me a link to the software you use for converting your files to .wol? The version from the Jinke Homepage is incompatible with my windows version (XP Pro) and never completes the conversion/printing.
Also, can you tell us how you receive firmware updates and how often?
Thanks.

Oh, and is the WOLF file you get if you convert from .doc or .pdf still scaleable (zoomable) and can you show us pics of the zooming process?
I have a couple of non-reflowable old PDF e-books and they just don't work properly on my PDA PDF viewer. Henrycat's Iliad seemed to handle the example file I sent just fine, I'd love to see how it looks on the V8!

I'll put a download link up if you'd be willing to try this for me.

Last edited by CommanderROR; 06-14-2006 at 01:10 PM.
Old 06-14-2006, 01:12 PM   #112
CommanderROR
eink fanatic

One thing i'm a bit worried about is the slow processor...the Sony, Iliad and V2 all have 200+ Mhz and are pretty slow sometimes when it comes to loading files (like pdf files on the iliad with 400Mhz) so I'm really wondering how that puny little calculator thingy hadles that...
Old 06-14-2006, 03:59 PM   #113
CommanderROR
eink fanatic

Sorry for posting again...^^

I just did a quick conversion...the Hanlin V2 would be about 290€...now look how many you could buy for one Iliad...

I'm not sure...are the 60$ shipping for Germany as well? And would I have to pay Import VAT and Customs? I think computers are free, but I'm not sure...that would add 16% or more to the price, so it would be slightly less tempting...but i'm waiting what will happen with the V2 first.
I really hope I can get one of those Samples...english is good enough..i don't need a "perfect" localization...but Jinke is not too good at english if you look at the website..^^
Old 06-14-2006, 05:07 PM   #114
TaKir
Keine Ursache! ))

2 CommanderROR
Now I use WOLF Printer V2.1 from here:
http://www.jinke.com.cn/compagesql/u...es00000047.rar
I had no problems with setup.
It works like virtual (for example Acrobat) pinter. You choose paper size, hanlin printer font size 14-16 (16 for me is more comfortable) and print your doc, rtf, pdf, etc. files.

Then you will be asked for a book name, author, image for a cover and a file name.

File name can differ from book name. I use cyrillic caracters for book name and english for a file name. All process takes ~5 minutes for a standart p-book (A5, 500+pages). File size ~7mb.
For these .wol files zoom is not working yet.

If you want, you can make .wol books from html or txt files. Just choose a file, right click mouse---> make wolf. +file name, author, cover and date. This process is much faster, then printing from msword. Takes ~minute.
In these books you can use zoom (x2).

Also zoom is available in native html and txt files.

About slow processor )) I see no difference opening txt, html, (500-800kb) and wolf books (7-8mb). Jinke opens them very fast. Just press button, quickly say "one-two" - you can read your book )))

About software - I got my Jinke (end of May) with Cyrillic+English os and software pre-installed. After that I updated it two times. I get updates from a seller by mail.
It takes two minutes to update a reader.
Old 06-14-2006, 05:41 PM   #115
CommanderROR
eink fanatic

Thank you TaKir

I tried the 2.1 printer and it always quits at 99% or something. I asked Jinke about this and they told me that this is a known problem with "western" Windows versions.

I tried the Book synchro software just now andt hat seems to work ok...but it simulates the s1 and s2 8or whatever they are called) instead of V2/V8

And I just noticed that it doesn't support PDF...so no way to convert that. It also is a bit bugy on my system, but in principle it works.

Last edited by CommanderROR; 06-14-2006 at 05:45 PM.
Old 06-14-2006, 11:10 PM   #116
TaKir
Keine Ursache! ))

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderROR
but it simulates the s1 and s2 8or whatever they are called) instead of V2/V8
It works with V2/V8 ok. Forget of S or something...
Old 06-15-2006, 05:33 AM   #117
CommanderROR
eink fanatic

I'm afraid it uses very low resolution and displays little text per page...maybe there are settings to change that...I'll try...but it doesn't do pdf...
Old 06-15-2006, 06:29 AM   #118
TaKir
Keine Ursache! ))

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderROR
I'm afraid it uses very low resolution and displays little text per page...maybe there are settings to change that...I'll try...but it doesn't do pdf...
I make books with caracters = 16pt. Hanlin page size is ~150x200mm. Do not know why )) But everything is ok. Believe me ))
I have a photo as you asked for. It shows my Nec LCD, handy, Jinke and a p-book. (right now I have no pda to compare screens).

But this photo is 2mb - have no idea, where I can publish it... Will put here a small copy.

P-book is A5 (~44 lines with ~55 caracters in a line - 2400 caracters per page).
At Jinke I can use ~35 lines with ~60 caracters in a line - 2100 caracters per page)

When I make a book in msword, I make margins = 2-3mm. In wolf viewer it looks very different.
Just need two-three times to try different settings (fonts, margins, etc) to get a result which you will like at Jinke.

File size is ~800kb!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Jinke_Nec_Nokia-_p-book-6.jpg
Views:	1338
Size:	747.8 KB
ID:	1142  

Last edited by TaKir; 06-15-2006 at 06:47 AM.
Old 06-15-2006, 09:46 AM   #119
CommanderROR
eink fanatic

Thanks you TaKir...that was very helpful!