Is there a way to rearrange picture order
as displayed in the gallery?

Thanks
Richard
MULTIZ321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:20 PM   #2
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Welcome to MobileRead, Richard. There isn't a way to rearrange the picture order on the NC that I have discovered. Hopefully B&N will add some more functionality to the Gallery in future updates, such as the ability to create Photo Albums.

There is also a bug that you may not have discovered yet. You can delete photos from the Gallery on your NC, but they come back when you power your NC on and off. The only way to permanently delete is to connect your NC to the computer via USB and delete in Windows Explorer / Mac Finder.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:47 PM   #3
MULTIZ321
MULTIZ321 began at the beginning.

Device: NOOK COLOR
Hi Bookworm Girl,

Thanks for your reply. My vote would be for B&N to add more functionality to the Gallery too. Does B&N have an email address where Nook and Nook Color owners can send suggestions for improvements?

Thanks for your other tip on how to permanently delete pictures. I hadn't discovered that yet.

I have another question but I think it's best to start another thread since it is on a different topic.

Best regards,

Richard
Old 01-10-2011, 11:20 PM   #4
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm not sure how to contact B&N with feedback. Here is a link to the B&N Nook Color Technical Support page. At the very bottom of the page in the right-hand corner in very tiny font is a Contact Us email link. You might try that?
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/nookco...&cds2Pid=35700

I would suggest that you read the sticky at the top of the B&N forum for Nook Color Tips & Tricks. It might help you get familiar with your new NOOKcolor and feel free to contribute any new tips that you discover too. Have fun!
Old 01-11-2011, 12:19 AM   #5
ShadowDragon
Enthusiast
ShadowDragon has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Nook, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by MULTIZ321 View Post
Is there a way to rearrange picture order
as displayed in the gallery?

Thanks
Richard
Check out JustPictures! It will allow you to sort by Date, Title, Keyword, or Size.
ShadowDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 12:25 AM   #6
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDragon View Post
Check out JustPictures! It will allow you to sort by Date, Title, Keyword, or Size.
ShadowDragon, thanks for the suggestion. I think it applies only if your NOOKcolor is rooted. If not, then you're stuck with the Gallery.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:59 AM   #7
ShadowDragon
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
ShadowDragon, thanks for the suggestion. I think it applies only if your NOOKcolor is rooted. If not, then you're stuck with the Gallery.
Ya, you are right, after I went to bed last night I realized the topics were separated. Sad really that the gallery doesn't offer sorting options. Rather a large oversight.
Old 01-11-2011, 08:33 AM   #8
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast

Quote:
Ya, you are right, after I went to bed last night I realized the topics were separated. Sad really that the gallery doesn't offer sorting options. Rather a large oversight.
I know. I really don't want the B&N photos mixed with mine. They also need to not display the book cover thumbnails. And, it would be nice to order by date or title like Richard has suggested.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:52 PM   #9
KryptoNyte
Shepherd
KryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook Color, LG Optimus V
With B&N's mention of *their own* market, so to speak, I'm kind of hoping that they aren't just using these (current) bone basic apps as a tool to lead people into purchasing a more robust app, while keeping folks from any real competitive options by isolating them from the other potential Android options.

There are some developers out there that have figured out that if you make the hardware and the software great enough, users will still purchase it, in lieu of the limitations. Then there are other developers, who create okay hardware, okay software, and attempt to impose limitations, at which point their potential customers aren't quite so forgiving.

My hopes are that B&N has a clear understanding of the difference between the two types of developers.
KryptoNyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 09:02 PM   #10
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast

Good points, KryptoNyte. I am anxious for B&N to unveil their marketplace too. The NC is a good piece of hardware with great potential. I also hope that the B&N available apps have enough variety to capture that potential. If not, then maybe I'll have to join you in the rooting forum.
Old 01-12-2011, 12:15 AM   #11
ShadowDragon
Enthusiast

Quote:
If not, then maybe I'll have to join you in the rooting forum.
Come over to the dark side, we have cookies!
Old 01-12-2011, 12:23 AM   #12
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast

Quote:
Come over to the dark side, we have cookies!
Well, who could refuse cookies! Now you have me curious what goes on in your new sub-forum (LOL). Tempting, very tempting....
Old 01-12-2011, 11:14 AM   #13
ShadowDragon
Enthusiast

Quote:
Well, who could refuse cookies! Now you have me curious what goes on in your new sub-forum (LOL). Tempting, very tempting....
Well right out of the gate, you will be able to solve your problem of sorting pictures
Old 01-13-2011, 12:19 AM   #14
MULTIZ321
MULTIZ321 began at the beginning.

Device: NOOK COLOR
Quote:
I'm not sure how to contact B&N with feedback. Here is a link to the B&N Nook Color Technical Support page. At the very bottom of the page in the right-hand corner in very tiny font is a Contact Us email link. You might try that?
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/nookco...&cds2Pid=35700

I would suggest that you read the sticky at the top of the B&N forum for Nook Color Tips & Tricks. It might help you get familiar with your new NOOKcolor and feel free to contribute any new tips that you discover too. Have fun!
Thanks for the Link Bookworm Girl - I sent them an email. Let's see if I get a response.

Richard
Old 01-13-2011, 12:27 AM   #15
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MULTIZ321 View Post
Thanks for the Link Bookworm Girl - I sent them an email. Let's see if I get a response.

Richard
On that same link, just above the "Contact Us", there is a topic called Discussions. That's how you can get to the B&N "bookclub" for the NC. They might have a feedback thread there too.