Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-10-2013, 10:55 AM   #23566
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Oolong with a really long name. Napping baby, napping doggies, hubby with cold.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:55 PM   #23567
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
I feel a blue 'cause I can't sew
There's still a lot of things that I should know
Anyone can guess
I don't know how to press
My Saturday clothes
Everyone's goin' home
I feel a little sad to watch them leave
But I'll be cool because I don't believe
The happy times are gone
I can still put on
My Saturday clothes
Every warm body knows

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4anOSSGm6U )

Good morning, everyone! Happy Monday! Weekend is over, but today is another National holiday here. Today, a lot of years ago, Amateratsuomikami (the Sun Goddess) vomited and the result was the formation of the islands of Japan. (That's one hell of a creation myth!) Happy Birthday, Japan!

I have a big mug of Keemun tea to start off the day, and a plate of fresh croissants and some Brie to enjoy with it. It's nice to finally be able to get good cheese in Japan. 10 years ago the only stuff you could find was 'processed cheese.' Progress!

Stitchawl

Last edited by Stitchawl; 02-10-2013 at 08:09 PM.
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:00 PM   #23568
maianhvk
whimsical
maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: current: PPW 4. brick: K3 & Voyage.
Good morning! The second day of new year is foggy and everyone's been looking for the sun since yesterday, without success. Which results in a fine morning at 16 degrees... perhaps I should make my first trip this year! To the (deserted) park with my beloved kindle?

Ah, not to forget big breakfast, followed by strong coffee. Happiness is simple

And Happy Birthday, Japan
maianhvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:07 AM   #23569
amward
Wizard
amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Eco Eclipse, Sony PRS 350 (pink), Ipod Touch, Kindle Touch
Sparkling water while the puppy naps. Another hot day here so not too much outdoor activity. Went to the gym this morning while it was cooler so that will be it apart from some housework.
amward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:34 AM   #23570
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Late afternoon cup of Assam tea, with thanks to the East India Company.

Stitchawl
Old 02-11-2013, 05:54 AM   #23571
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Goodness, I haven't had my morning Coke Zero yet!
Coke Zero #1 in my cup.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:32 PM   #23572
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Coffee in my cup while trying to decide what I want to eat.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:32 PM   #23573
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Well, I'm running down the road
tryin' to loosen my load
I've got seven women on
my mind,
Four that wanna own me,
Two that wanna stone me,
One says she's a friend of mine
Take It easy, take it easy
Don't let the sound of your own wheels
drive you crazy
Lighten up while you still can
don't even try to understand
Just find a place to make your stand
and take it easy

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nY9NstXg8hc )

Good morning, everyone! Another beautiful day in the Land of the Rising Yen! Not as cold as yesterday, and looks like a great day for a ride! Breakfast first... unbranded Keemun tea and some rice with tsukemono and miso soup with lots of pumpkin and onions inside! Tasty stuff, this!

Then it's off to find the day's adventure.... Sometimes I think I should have been a buccaneer, then I realize that except for the looting and killing part (and I have no real interest in that,) I already am!

Stitchawl
Old 02-11-2013, 08:33 PM   #23574
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Spending far too much time obsessing over my books in Calibre. Now that I am using Marvin I have a reason to muck with the meta data and upload covers. I think I am happy with it all now.

Nope: Now I am happy, found 5 books I needed to download, add to Calibre, convert, and take care of the meta data

Last edited by ProfCrash; 02-11-2013 at 08:44 PM.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:04 PM   #23575
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Spending far too much time obsessing over my books in Calibre. Now that I am using Marvin I have a reason to muck with the meta data and upload covers. I think I am happy with it all now.

What does Marvin do in regards to your books? I thought it was just an animation program.

Stitchawl
Old 02-11-2013, 09:09 PM   #23576
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

There is a Marvin E-reader program that is great. You can change font size, paragraph spaing, line spacing, one page to two page, brightness, day to night mode all very easily. He is working on adding folders/collections something along those lines. It is a really nice app, nice enough to get me to convert and fiddle.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:12 PM   #23577
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
There is a Marvin E-reader program that is great. You can change font size, paragraph spaing, line spacing, one page to two page, brightness, day to night mode all very easily. He is working on adding folders/collections something along those lines. It is a really nice app, nice enough to get me to convert and fiddle.
Thanks. I guess it's only iPad compatible... I'll have to look and see if it will work on my iPhone.

Stitchawl
Old 02-11-2013, 10:31 PM   #23578
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

So far only for iPad. The creator is trying to do everything right first and then adjust the code for the iPhone.
Old 02-12-2013, 03:49 AM   #23579
Iridal
Mysteriarch
Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 4, Kindle 3
Good morning everyone! Start of a new week (mine always starts on tuesday, having every monday off is awesome!! ), and I'm sipping a cappuccino.

Later today me and 3 of my female colleagues are going to try out the gym nearby. My employer has a contract with them: 6€ for 3 months fitness! Hopefully we'll get to participate in an indoor cycling group lesson. Another colleague already told us the group lessons don't always take place ... And hopefully there won't be a communal shower room, I really don't want to see my co-workers naked
Iridal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:26 AM   #23580
Iridal
Mysteriarch
Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 4, Kindle 3
Mint tea in my cup.

Did I tell you guys that I got my BF reading? He just finished his first book in years, and his first one ever in English! He even read in bed a couple of nights while I was already sleeping
Iridal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?