Notices

Old 05-30-2009, 08:53 PM   #1
mobelby
Zealot
mobelby doesn't littermobelby doesn't littermobelby doesn't litter

Device: eeepc 901
Database Issues after removing books

Hi Kovid,

First - I hadn't used calibre for months and when I installed 0.5.13 all I can say is wow.

Second - I have an issue. After I've removed a book from the library the author still appears in the tags. I've checked all other library entries but that author should definitely not be there. Is this a known bug ?

Thanks

NB I've rebooted calibre a good few times and the tags are still not clean
mobelby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 09:24 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You mean in the list of tags in the tag browser?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-30-2009, 11:04 PM   #3
mobelby
Zealot

Yep

Both author tags and format tags
Old 05-31-2009, 12:23 AM   #4
mobelby
Zealot

Solved by rebooting the pc and then restarting calibre. Ie you need to reboot the PC first
Old 05-31-2009, 12:34 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You dont need to reboot, just make sure you actually quit calibre. remeber that when you close it, it stays running in the system tray
Advert
Old 05-31-2009, 01:16 AM   #6
jgray
Fanatic
jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara 2E & Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
You dont need to reboot, just make sure you actually quit calibre. remeber that when you close it, it stays running in the system tray
Speaking of which, is there any way to have it close when I click close, instead of minimizing to the tray? Many programs give you an option to select which method you prefer.
jgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 01:28 AM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Look in the preferences