Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-14-2012, 02:37 PM   #76
sakura-panda
Guru
sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2017 10.5" iPad Pro (Kobo, NOOK, Kindle, Google Play Books & Scribd)
Audible.com/amazon.com is having a Whispersync promotion:

Link to the list of free titles: http://www.amazon.com/s/?node=5744839011

I picked up Dracula to try.

After you buy the kindle book for $0.00, the confirmation page will have a link to audible so that you can get the audiobook that they have linked with it for $0.00 also.
sakura-panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 10:34 PM   #77
skinmaan
Wizard
skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android tablet, Kindle KB
Well, this is a surprise.

I was just doing some digging around online; in order to live up to my bloodhound title I have to do a lot of sniffing. One of the e-book/audiobook combinations that cost you money last week is now free! Go here to get "Heart of Darkness" by Joseph Conrad, read by Kenneth Branagh, for free.

If you haven't already done so, you should snatch up any of the free offerings in the original titles that you want right away. Of the original 27, 5 are no longer free.

Enjoy!

skinmaan
Your audiobook bloodhound

Last edited by skinmaan; 09-16-2012 at 11:28 PM.
skinmaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-16-2012, 11:24 PM   #78
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinmaan View Post
One of the e-book/audiobook combinations that cost you money last week is now free! Go here to get "Heart of Darkness" by Jack London, read by Kenneth Branagh, for free.
....by Joseph Conrad, you mean. Thanks!
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:29 PM   #79
skinmaan
Wizard
skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android tablet, Kindle KB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synamon View Post
....by Joseph Conrad, you mean. Thanks!
In the immortal words of Homer, "D'oh!" (Simpson, that is.)

Fixed post.
skinmaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:25 AM   #80
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinmaan View Post
Well, this is a surprise.

I was just doing some digging around online; in order to live up to my bloodhound title I have to do a lot of sniffing. One of the e-book/audiobook combinations that cost you money last week is now free! Go here to get "Heart of Darkness" by Joseph Conrad, read by Kenneth Branagh, for free.

If you haven't already done so, you should snatch up any of the free offerings in the original titles that you want right away. Of the original 27, 5 are no longer free.

Enjoy!

skinmaan
Your audiobook bloodhound
It won't let me give you more karma right now, but thanks. Snagged it as well as all the originals. :-)
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2012, 11:49 AM   #81
ScotiaBurrell
Banned
ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle & little green monster
New people may wish to review this thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=191225
ScotiaBurrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:57 AM   #82
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotiaBurrell View Post
New people may wish to review this thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=191225
Only if for some reason they want to mess around converting Audible audiobooks so they can burn mp3's to CDs, which is unlikely.

It's a million times easier to use the Audible app on a device or transfer the Audible audiobook directly to your mp3 player by following the instructions on the Audible site.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 12:31 PM   #83
ScotiaBurrell
Banned
ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

agreed. I said that in the thread.
Old 09-17-2012, 12:39 PM   #84
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synamon View Post
Only if for some reason they want to mess around converting Audible audiobooks so they can burn mp3's to CDs, which is unlikely.

It's a million times easier to use the Audible app on a device or transfer the Audible audiobook directly to your mp3 player by following the instructions on the Audible site.
The reference was to the thread I started.

All I want to do is burn to CDs. Audible supposedly allows that; I'm not trying to do anything so off-the-wall. I likewise don't think it's so unrealistic that I'd prefer to keep a book on a single CD rather that burn 10 CDs.

And I can't even burn the initial CDs--which Audible allows--without all sorts of problems. Audible allows only one attempt to burn; if it doesn't work, well, too bad. It made me install iTunes, which I didn't want to do. iTunes is giving me mysterious error messages. I've managed to burn exactly one CD, the first 80 minutes of one book. Other books, something is going wrong every time. I am running iTunes right now, trying to burn a CD, and when I just looked at it, it is for some reason cancelling the disc burn and not responding. This is the kind of thing that is happening repeatedly, just doing what I am expressly allowed to do according to the terms at Audible.

These free books were kind of a test run to see how Audible worked and to decide if I wanted a membership. And I can say absolutely that I will NEVER give them one cent; I have had nothing but trouble from the first attempt to download.

If it works for you, fine. As far as I'm concerned, it's absolutely horrible.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:13 PM   #85
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Audible allows only one attempt to burn; if it doesn't work, well, too bad. It made me install iTunes, which I didn't want to do.
FWIW, they allow one full burn, not one attempt and too bad.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:28 PM   #86
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
FWIW, they allow one full burn, not one attempt and too bad.
???

My burn of Alice resulted ultimately in one good disc out of three. I can't redo the bad discs. Yes, the problem was apparently with my discs, which were old, but I didn't know that till it was too late.
Old 09-17-2012, 01:49 PM   #87
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
???

My burn of Alice resulted ultimately in one good disc out of three. I can't redo the bad discs. Yes, the problem was apparently with my discs, which were old, but I didn't know that till it was too late.
From Audible's help site...
Quote:
The total amount of burns allowed for each purchased title is one full burn. We understand that you may encounter errors during the burn process and may need to burn your title again. If you have not completely burned a title and receive an error message, that you have exceeded the burn limit or that the title can only be burned to CD(s) once, please contact Customer Care for further assistance.

24/7 Support
Customer Care is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Phone:
1-888-283-5051 (US & Canada)
1-973-820-0400 (International)

Email: Email Customer Care
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:58 PM   #88
ScotiaBurrell
Banned

Quote:
???

Yes, the problem was apparently with my discs, which were old
...and CDRWs which Audible recommends you not use with their service.
Old 09-17-2012, 02:24 PM   #89
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer

I'm fed up. If you're happy with Audible, fine, go listen to a book and leave me to my grumbling. It doesn't work for me. Neither does iTunes. I regret installing both programs.

And since it took three contacts with customer service just to be able to download the books in the first place (because of the default account settings), forgive me if I don't want to have to deal with them again to beg for another shot at burning a book to CD.

Now I'm done.
Old 09-17-2012, 03:42 PM   #90
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
I love Audible... then again, I don't burn to CD (or DVD) much anymore, since that is (a) an unreliable process and (b) and unreliable media.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
audible