Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 12-11-2012, 01:30 PM   #1
jstabe
Enthusiast
jstabe began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
Calibre on laptop always has to be running to use CC?

I'm still on the hunt for the perfect ereading app and so far, it isn't happening. I like reading on Kindle, but the android app doesn't allow for organization. I have almost 1000 books right now, so this a problem for me. On my laptop, I use calibre to keep everything neat and then just open the book in Kindle. I'm looking for something similar for my tablet.

I purchased CC and as far as connecting and downloading go, it works like a dream. However, if my laptop is off or if I don't have Calibre up and running on it, then CC doesn't work. Is there no way to see the metadata of books I've downloaded on my tablet without the laptop on? This is not convenient for me if I'm at school and can't decide what to read. That's what I rely on the metadata for!
jstabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:20 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
When you start CC you should see a list of books you have already downloaded. Tapping on a book will show you the metadata for that book. You can group and sort using the metadata. Doesn't this work for you?

If you left CC connected to the content server but stopped the content server then you might need to press the back button until CC "disconnects" and shows you the group and sort options.

If neither of these ideas cover your situation could you be explicit about what you are seeing when things aren't working for you?
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:26 PM   #3
jstabe
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
When you start CC you should see a list of books you have already downloaded. Tapping on a book will show you the metadata for that book. You can group and sort using the metadata. Doesn't this work for you?

If you left CC connected to the content server but stopped the content server then you might need to press the back button until CC "disconnects" and shows you the group and sort options.

If neither of these ideas cover your situation could you be explicit about what you are seeing when things aren't working for you?
If I start CC on my tablet without Calibre open on my laptop, all I get is a white screen. It seemed like the books downloaded fine and I can find them in the folder where CC is supposed to store them. I just can't read any metadata or anything without the desktop being on and connected.
Old 12-11-2012, 02:44 PM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstabe View Post
If I start CC on my tablet without Calibre open on my laptop, all I get is a white screen. It seemed like the books downloaded fine and I can find them in the folder where CC is supposed to store them. I just can't read any metadata or anything without the desktop being on and connected.
what does it say on the action bar -- the black bar at the top? If it says "content server" or "missing books" then you need to press back until it says "group sort connect".
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:07 PM   #5
jstabe
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
what does it say on the action bar -- the black bar at the top? If it says "content server" or "missing books" then you need to press back until it says "group sort connect".

I see what I was doing. I wasn't going back far enough so it was still saying content server. Thank you so much! Now it's doing exactly what I wanted it to!