Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 06-13-2010, 05:40 PM   #1
dar
dar began at the beginning.

Device: DR800S
DR800S stoped working

I don´t konw if somebody has gotten the same problem (i couldn't find anything on the forums).

I have gotten a DR800S for a month and today it stoped working.

It worked yesterday and today when i tried to start it it didn't work (it has been in a table, so no danger of being a problem of it dropping).

Yesterday it has more or less 25% of battery, so i put it to charge and the orange light got visible.

After a while charging i tried to start it again and it still didn't start, so i tried kepping the button pressed 5 seconds to make it restart (and the green light got on) but it still didn't start.

Now the orange light didn't get on so i supose it is fully charged and if i connect it to the computer it doesnn't recognize the device (2 different computers)

If i press the button now it doesn't show any light (neither orange nor green), but the button doesn't seem to be broken or have any problem i can see.
dar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 09:41 AM   #2
zacitana
a happy reader
zacitana has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: iRex DR800S :))
I don't know if this helps, but something similar happened to me once, although in my case the battery was completely flat. I just left it to recharge fully, and then connected it to my computer and switched the button - it somehow came alive again I have no idea why that happened, it hasn't occurred again (yet).

I hope you'll be able to solve your problem
zacitana is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-14-2010, 10:18 AM   #3
dar
dar began at the beginning.

Device: DR800S
Thanks for the answer, i have managed to revive it disconnecting the baterry and conecting it after a while.

I don't know if the batery pins where not completly secured or if it is some other problem (the battery seems to have been drained in a night of the last 25% percent with the reader stopped and didn't really recharge anything after a couple of hours with the orange light on), but it seems to be alright now.

It worked after just a couple minutes recharging (with a 4% charge), and i needed to give it the configuration again, but at least it worked.
dar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 10:51 AM   #4
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Glad you got it working again. Hopefully it was just a matter of the battery connector wiggling loose, and not something more serious.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote