Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > iSilo/X

Notices

Old 06-13-2003, 12:46 AM   #1
Pride Of Lions
just kinda geeky
Pride Of Lions began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
Angry Um...Where Did My .PDB Go?

I'm getting fairly acquainted with iSiloX. Setting channel settings and such.

I'm a Palm T|T, Mac OSX Kinda guy. I set my channels and send them to a folder so that I can copy the .pdb's to the SD card via the card reader.

Super successful. Until now.

I created a channel and converted it, but it isn't showing up in my computer. It's not in the folder I send it to, I changed the destination to my desktop and re-converted and I don't see the "preview" .pdb that shows up when I am converting. iSiloX shows that the conversion was successful by telling me that the channel is about 2.2MB's. But it's nowhere to be found. Performing a search for it's filename results in no matches.

I've re-converted it again (just in case) and triple checked it's channel settings, and iSiloX will show it crunching away, but whenever it's done, the final product is disapeared.

Please someone smart and/or wise, I NEED this channel. I can do it another way (by making a channel and then having each associated link a new page in the original), but that would result in approx. 1.1 million double clicks. I'd love to just have the root URL in the source, set the link depth to 1 (without outside links, just links that are offshoots of the main address thingy) and maintain my hyperlinks.

Going bald and STILL pulling my hair out over this one.
POL9A
Old 06-20-2003, 09:52 PM   #2
Pride Of Lions
just kinda geeky
Pride Of Lions began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
Just to let all y'all know...it's fixed.

I'm not crazy, it did exist in our reality. And I didn't do anything to fix it, because I didn't know how to fix it.

All I know is that the next day I converted my channels and the one in question was there.

Thanks to everyone who read the post and wanted to help, but just ended up shaking their heads. And also thanks to the iSilo guy who emailed me promptly wanting to help, and I just had to look silly as I emailed him back saying that the boo-boo went away on it's own accord.

Accordingly,
POL9A
Advert