Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 09:48 AM   #1
Seventh Son
lurker
Seventh Son has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Seventh Son has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Seventh Son has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Seventh Son has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: I should probably stop
Post iRex DR800SG e-reader brings global 3G downloads

Haven't seen it here yet:

Quote:
Get ready to add another big time e-reader partnership to the list: iRex is set to announce later today a deal that will bring its latest DR800SG E-Ink slab to Best Buy with unlimited Verizon 3G data on board. The $399 e-reader with 8.1-inch touchscreen arrives as rumored with the ability to wirelessly download digital books from Barnes & Noble's e-bookstore in addition to over 1,100 newspapers from Newspapers Direct -- it'll also handle any books downloadable in the ePub format. The 3G goodness comes via a Gobi radio from Qualcomm -- right, that means HSDPA data too, allowing owners to download data while traveling abroad. Take that Kindle. The DR800SG is expected to arrive in US Best Buy stores next month. We'll be going hands-on with it later today where we'll have plenty of pics and the full suite of specs.
http://www.engadget.com/2009/09/23/i...-and-noble-an/
Old 09-23-2009, 10:01 AM   #2
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard
Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.

Device: iPad Mini 4
Can't wait to see some real pictures and more detailed specs. The 8 inch screen has always been the sweet spot for me. Hopefully suspend and decent battery life are part of the package as well, although my history with irex has me somewhat skeptical.
Advert
Old 09-23-2009, 10:22 AM   #3
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Global as in the US only?
Old 09-23-2009, 10:27 AM   #4
Seventh Son
lurker
Seventh Son has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Seventh Son has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Seventh Son has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Seventh Son has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: I should probably stop
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Global as in the US only?
I guess by "global" they mean that you can use it globally, since it has HSPA
Old 09-23-2009, 10:32 AM   #5
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
duplicate thread
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ht=irex+barnes
Advert
Closed Thread