Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-12-2009, 01:11 PM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Should I Deactivate my computer and Reader BEFORE I do this?

I want to uninstall the software and the 4 hidden files and then reinstall the Sony Ebook Software onto my computer in hopes of solving this problem: I can access my account information, but cannot access the store itself in order to buy books, or even to access any of the books I've previously bought.

Then, once the software is loaded onto my computer, I connect my Reader and activate, and presumably my computer.

Any advice or suggestions? This problem has never happened before.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 01:14 PM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
You can access your account information but not the store? That is strange.

But, to be on the safe side, if you can de-register your computer go for it. Although I don't think not doing that will be a problem. Unless you plan on reformatting the PC or changing some hardware out, which might make eBook Library think it is a different PC.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-12-2009, 01:52 PM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
You can access your account information but not the store? That is strange.

But, to be on the safe side, if you can de-register your computer go for it. Although I don't think not doing that will be a problem. Unless you plan on reformatting the PC or changing some hardware out, which might make eBook Library think it is a different PC.

BOb
This happened suddenly, but I'm unable to trace back to exactly when it occurred. (You're suggesting it's unnecessary to deactivate anything in order to do what I want to do? -- If you can think of a different solution, please, let me know.)

I get an error message when I go the store, but after I log in. I can view the store, but I can't do anything else. I'm living in Peru, but I have a U.S. credit card and address, and this hasn't been a problem before.

Don
Old 04-12-2009, 07:02 PM   #4
JanetCinNC
Groupie
JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 650 in red, Sony PRS-600 in red, Sony PRS-505 in red, iPad 2
I had to re-install my Sony software

I reinstalled because I had a problem with my operating system (caused by a virus my mother-in-law sent me, but that's another story). I had to reinstall Windows, then reinstall the software. I then had two computers registered to my Sony account. I had to get Sony customer service to remove the old instance of my computer from my account.

You'd save yourself some trouble if you deauthorize your computer before reinstalling the software. I didn't have any problems with my reader registrations, but it shouldn't hurt anything if you deauthorized them first before reinstalling. Bear in mind that you won't be able to read any books bought from Sony on the readers until you get them reauthorized.
JanetCinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 07:59 PM   #5
Timoleon
Time Enough at Last
Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 3, iPhone 5, Kindle 3, Fire, Sony PRS-350
Deauthorize and reinstall. That's what I did, six times.
Timoleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-14-2009, 06:25 AM   #6
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timoleon View Post
Deauthorize and reinstall. That's what I did, six times.
Ack! Why so many times?

Don