Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-12-2015, 10:21 PM   #1
Lenorav
Enthusiast
Lenorav began at the beginning.

Device: PW2
Could not register Kindle PW2. (Firmware: 5.6.1.0.6)

My kindle was jailbreak, there were problems when it updated, and needed to factory restore.

I made an account on amazon to register it, but it is not registered, appearing this warning image, how can I solve this?
Click image for larger version

Name:	7.png
Views:	703
Size:	25.2 KB
ID:	137172

Last edited by Lenorav; 04-17-2015 at 10:42 AM.
Lenorav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 03:14 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The message seems fairly self-explanatory. It says that the credentials you've entered are invalid.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-13-2015, 03:19 AM   #3
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenorav View Post
My kindle was jailbreak, there were problems when it updated, and needed to factory restore.

I made an account on amazon to register it, but it is not registered, appearing this warning image, how can I solve this?
Attachment 137172
Are you certain you're entering the correct password?
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 03:24 AM   #4
Lenorav
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
Are you certain you're entering the correct password?
Yes i entering correct password, and i can login into the amazon site, all work, but not register device.

Also already tried the option of registering an account by kindle device, it replies that the account was created, but was unable to register.
Old 04-13-2015, 02:21 PM   #5
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Seems like it's time to contact Amazon customer service as the message suggests to see if they can help.
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-13-2015, 05:14 PM   #6
Lenorav
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by dordale View Post
Seems like it's time to contact Amazon customer service as the message suggests to see if they can help.
They said that kindle have a previous register blocking this, and customer service ask my personal information and billing address.

Also could not say that my kindle jailbreak was, and that I had done the registered offiline because of it.

Unfortunately I do not know open the kindle, use solder serial port and apply the jailbreak that way.

Last edited by Lenorav; 04-13-2015 at 05:17 PM.
Old 04-14-2015, 02:50 AM   #7
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
What does Amazon usually do when a registered device is reset?

Often the jailbreak can be fixed by using the hotfix posted on the main jailbreak thread, but a combination reset and deregister has probably killed that.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 01:16 AM   #8
Lenorav
Enthusiast

I think the kindle device only allows authorized accounts amazon.

I tried to find a way to register on amazon account, and transfer register via usb, but it seems that this method does not exist.
Old 04-17-2015, 04:29 AM   #9
Lenorav
Enthusiast

I contacted the amazon chat, he said:
"I've checked and I see that the kindle is reported as stolen by the owner.
So the kindle was deactivated and can no longer be used."

Apparently there is no way to remove the blacklist.
Old 04-17-2015, 04:35 AM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I contacted the amazon chat, he said:
"I've checked and I see that the kindle is reported as stolen by the owner.
So the kindle was deactivated and can no longer be used."

Apparently there is no way to remove the blacklist.
That is correct. If you have a blacklisted Kindle you're out of luck. Where did you get it from?
Old 04-17-2015, 04:44 AM   #11
Lenorav
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
That is correct. If you have a blacklisted Kindle you're out of luck. Where did you get it from?
I sent my serial number on amazon chat and he said that.

The first time I registred the kindle was using offiline method "update_reginfo_0.08 kindle" when used jailbreak.
Old 04-17-2015, 04:57 AM   #12
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:

The first time I registred the kindle was using offiline method "update_reginfo_0.08 kindle" when used jailbreak.
No, you misunderstand me. I'm asking where you got the Kindle from. I suggest that you contact the seller and try to get your money back. Nobody should sell a blacklisted Kindle without informing the buyer that it is blacklisted.
Old 04-27-2015, 02:44 PM   #13
Kaverin
Kaverin began at the beginning.

Device: NST, NSTG, KT, K5 PW
Quote:

I'd also like to point out that while that method is called an offline registration method, using it does not actually register the Kindle (to Amazon that is). It only makes the device appear to be registered and then behave as if it was on your end. If you then turn the wireless on though (especially without something like back door lock enabled), or attempt to do other things that might get back to contact Amazon's servers, the device could then overwrite those files and make it look unregistered again and cause other hacks or JB related things you have in there to stop working until you reapply them. If you need to use Amazon's online features, or buy ebooks from them on the device, you will need to get a device that isn't reported as blacklisted.
Kaverin is offline   Reply With Quote