Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-27-2011, 08:02 AM   #1
qprfan99
Enthusiast
qprfan99 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.qprfan99 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.qprfan99 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.qprfan99 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle
Problem with "Comments"

I never download the metadata instead I go to fantasticfiction.co.uk & copy the cover & synopsis. The synopsis I copy into the Comments section.

Lately the copied text hasn't been showing up so I have to change the colour of it to black. Is it possible to overcome this? If not is there also a way to change the size of the text as the default is quite big?

Kind regards
Larry

PS Yes, I am using the latest version - but it started with a previous one
PPS I'm just about to go to bed so if you have a solution - please whisper it!
qprfan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 08:13 AM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
I'm guessing that this happens because your browser is copying the formatting as well as the text, which Calibre then uses do display the comment. I couldn't reproduce this with Firefox on WinXP, though.
The only thing apart from changing the colour and size of the text in the metadata editor that I can think of is losing the formatting, for example by pasting the text into Notepad and copying it again from there.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2011, 10:27 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
After you paste, select all the pasted text and click the little green recycle button, that will remove all formatting
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 10:31 AM   #4
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by qprfan99 View Post
Lately the copied text hasn't been showing up so I have to change the colour of it to black. Is it possible to overcome this? If not is there also a way to change the size of the text as the default is quite big?
With the book selected, click the 'i' icon to open the Edit metadata dialog.
Click the Select All icon.
Click the Recycle icon to remove formatting.
You can also use the edit controls to change the text size.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 04:52 PM   #5
qprfan99
Enthusiast
qprfan99 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.qprfan99 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.qprfan99 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.qprfan99 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle
Thanks guys - the recycle button does the trick.

Still can't change the font size though. G - I'm not sure what you mean by the Edit controls.

Thx again
Larry
qprfan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert